Founded in 2015, BayHealth, LLC is a UCSF Health and John Muir Health (JMH) joint venture focused on infrastructure development supporting the needs of Canopy Health and its providers and serving as a joint strategic investment vehicle in support of the UCSF/JMH affiliation. BayHealth Development is deeply committed to value creation in the Canopy Health network and our shared vision with UCSF/JMH for innovation in patient experience, access, affordability and quality of care.
BayHealth is co-owned, funded and governed by UCSF and JMH. BayHealth’s governance includes the CEOs of UCSF and JMH, members of their executive teams, and a senior executive from the University of California Office of the President. BayHealth’s annual operating budget is approximately $16m. BayHealth’s operations and projects are financed through the investment of UCSF and JMH, with a chargeback mechanism in place in place for products / services provided to providers.
BayHealth serves as a joint investment vehicle for UCSF and JMH for projects the two organizations deem strategic and of mutual interest. Such projects include:
• The development and management of care delivery sites and services that enable geographic extension and expansion beyond the partners’ core catchment areas;
• The development and delivery of IT solutions aimed at clinical systems integration as well as systems enabling a next generation consumer experience;
• Infrastructure support related to growth in the Canopy Health network;
• Investment in joint ventures and acquisitions that the partners wish to jointly participate in.
• Financial reporting including monthly financial statements and annual audit report of current and future joint ventures
• Develop a methodology and allocation of administrative costs
• Develop and report finances by project by improving the chart of accounts and tracking tools
• Manage outsourced accounting firm and facility maintenance firm
• Manage procurement and payroll processes and procedures
• Coordination of annual audit
• Ensure compliance with all tax regulations
• Creation, adherence, and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures including internal controls
• Develop relationships with IT and facility project managers and teams to manage budgets including capital projects (IT and facility) and operating
• Ensure proper facility asset tracking and maintenance including inventory counts
• Develop annual forecasts and budgets on a periodic basis for presentation to the Finance Committee
• Establish and maintain business licenses where required (i.e. City of Berkeley), and manage payment of any fees and local taxes
• Assist in development and implementation of ROI optimization plans for projects in service.
• Assist in review and forecasting of new and existing business plans.
• Drives initiatives by leveraging technology to improve processes and controls to support periodic and year-end accounting close.
• Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of automated solutions to optimize business processes.
• Defines, introduces, and manages solutions to improve access to financial data and assist with financial analytics and reporting.
• Develops deliverables and implementation schedules, monitors timelines, and identifies potential risks for each assigned initiative
• Leads and takes ownership of assigned projects; ensure project goals are timely met; maintain detailed project documentation
• Designs and manages key performance metrics that drive performance and demonstrate effectiveness.
• Ensures financial systems are used as designed and processes are being followed.
• Assists with implementation of best practices
• Keeps current with technology trends and issues relative to financial and accounting systems.
• Acts as a leader and thought partner to functional business leaders, identifying areas of opportunity and risk, and developing strategies to address and drive continuous improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.