Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 Am - 4:30 PM
Job Summary: As a scheduler, you will maintain doctor’s schedules and answer multi-line phone system. You will assist patients with scheduling appointments and a variety of other issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the duties required to perform this job.
·· Answer calls promptly and professionally.
· Transfer calls to nurse if available or send a message to nurse via telephone encounter.
· Schedule, cancel or reschedule appointments when requested by patient via telephone call or web encounter.
· Confirm appointments via phone, text and email.
· Update patient demographics.
· Update patient’s insurance information and notify the insurance department.
· Check for valid referral prior to scheduling appointments and notify the referral coordinator if referral is needed.
· Ensure schedules are filled daily
· Check voicemail and return calls promptly.
· Handle requests to switch physicians within the practice
· Reschedule appointments and rearrange schedule upon doctor’s request
· Update and maintain the cancellation list for each physician
· Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting while managing competing demands.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to speak clearly and respond well to patient’s questions.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to listen to get clarification from patients.
- Experience with eCW.
medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, and 401k with a company match once
employee is vested.