SHIFT: Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the duties required to perform this job.
• Submit/Enroll and follow up with injection benefits.
• Request prior authorization and follow up on status by calling the insurance.
• If needed, call insurance with specific drug and administration CPT code to confirm benefits.
• Scan documents into patients’ chart.
• Assist with appeal of prior authorization denials.
• Assist Prior Authorization Dept with verifying that an order has been received from the clinical staff prior to dispensing. If not, send an email to the nurse and physician to request.
• Work encounters without claims bucket Clerical.
• Take mail daily downstairs and bring new mail back to the office.
• Stamp and sort office mail.
• Set up future appointments if it’s an initial follow up and make sure patients are with the correct doctor.
• Validate superbills.
• Send message to schedulers when patients is in the cancellation list.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Versatile: Ability to multi-task and complete requested tasks required by manager.
· Teamwork: Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views. Contributes to building a positive work environment.
· Detail-oriented: Meet productivity standards while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
· Reliable Transportation
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting while managing competing demands.
· Superior communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to speak clearly and respond well to patient’s questions.
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Ability to listen to get clarification from patients and insurance representatives.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Experience working in a medical office setting, dealing with insurance verification and some knowledge of referrals is a plus.
· Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel.
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation and holidays; medical, dental, vision, disability
& life insurance, and 401k with a company match once employee is vested.