radiology procedures on ambulatory and research rheumatology patients in a
physician office as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the
diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols. The
Radiologic Technologist maintains production and quality of imaging procedures
by following established standards and procedures.
The Radiologic Technologist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability to tolerate exam
- Prepares patient or area for radiology procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques.
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to Director of Ancillary Services
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner
- Performs QC and arranges for maintenance of equipment as necessary and required by governing agencies
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR
- Submits accurate and legible daily activity report to Director each day
The ideal candidate for the Radiologic Technologist will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures. Must be cheerful and accurate, able to create legible reports to Director.
Location/Facility – Rheumatology Associates at 8144 Walnut Hill Lane
Specialty/Department/Practice - Radiology
Shift/Schedule – Monday-Friday; 8 to 5 or until last patient is finished ( Day Shift - Variable Hours)
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography (ARRT-R)
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation and holidays; medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance,
and 401k with a company match once employee is vested.