Enjoy a challenge and the satisfaction of problem solving? Are you the ultimate team player?
If so, join our growing Team as a maintenance tech!
Responsible to preserve the good condition and functionality of premises. General maintenance tasks include activities such as painting, HVAC installations, landscaping etc., safety and security of the hotel and its customers. Coordinate and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain high levels of customer satisfaction and optimum efficiency for the operation. This role is also responsible for the oversight of the maintenance operations in the absence of the department leader.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC.
· Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
· Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs and all hotel rooms, equipment, including laundry, boiler, plumbing, HVAC and electrical.
· Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
· Maintain all emergency programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspections and drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations.
· Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
· Actively participate in any applicable energy conservation programs.
· Maintain cleanliness and appropriate safety and chemical levels of pool and hot tubs.
· Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas. Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift.
· Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
· If applicable, handle elevator breakdowns.
· Maintain proper records of the Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program and the Service Request Program.
· Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely basis.
· Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
· Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
· Set up machine and make name tags and signs.
· Assist with maintenance of parking lot and snow removal as needed.
· Runs errands as needed, driving own or company vehicle, in order to drop off and pick up supplies, equipment and furnishings.
· Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
· Provide training to new property level support as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Culture is everything to us.....
• Committed to excellence
• Culture driven
· Detail Orientated
· Proven experience as maintenance technician
· Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
· Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
· Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
· Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
· Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
· High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
· Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
Note – this job description is not indented to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.