What We Do
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Behavioral Health conditions and Substance Use Disorders. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, behavioral health, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone's goal is the same: revolutionizing behavioral health and addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people, our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still allowing you to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits.
- Access to a 401K Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Personal Care leave
- Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistant Program
- Telework Environment
Your One Thing
Ensure to uphold the company mission and values, while providing exceptional services to our clients and further our enrollment opportunities.
The MAP Health Management (MAP) Director, Revenue Cycle will have a proven track record of success to oversee all aspects of the revenue cycle process including insurance verification, precertification, authorizations, coding, charge entry, claims submission, electronic payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up and reporting for all MAP commonly owned and operated companies. Establishes collaborative partnerships with numerous parties including multi-state clinic staff, insurance payers, IT, and Finance to meet departmental goals and initiatives. Carries out all duties while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as company policy and procedures.
- Standardize and maintain processes that impact revenue cycle, including identifying problems and or processes that may require process re-design as well as recommending and implementing corrective actions, solutions, and/or efficiencies.
- Develop and implement monitoring tools that ensure process standardization and compliance are maintained.
- Facilitate the successful implementation of new/special projects, processes, and changes to front and back-end operations.
- Communicate all new processes and workflows to appropriate parties and provide training and learning opportunities on all new procedures, workflows, and processes to impacted staff, providers, and business partners.
- Partner with internal and external parties in testing, development, training. documentation, and implementation of new applications and annual release upgrades.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership (and other departments within MAP as needed) in strategic planning efforts related to Revenue Cycle operations and their successful integration throughout the Company.
- Work closely with department leadership (and other departments within MAP as needed) to problem solve, troubleshoot, and proactively identify issues.
- Ability to anticipate areas of need based on overall observations and interactions with management, employees, physicians, patients, payors, vendors, and third parties and respond effectively.
- Adheres and upholds all company core values, policies, procedures, business ethics codes, information security policies, and HIPPA requirements/guidelines
- Stewards all company resources appropriately
- Performs other related duties or completes special projects as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Manage, develop mentor, coach junior and mid-level team members through direct reporting relationships.
- Addresses problems, using a solutions-orientated approach, continues to verify staff competency, and identifies training opportunities, suggesting ways to develop skills while promoting career development, and is committed to mentoring staff.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present to executive-level audiences.
- Ability to research and understand the impact of current federal and state compliance regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in the effective use of medical codings such as CPT, ICD-9/ICD-10, and HCPCS coding.
- Thorough understanding of compliance programs associated with a Revenue Cycle department, complete knowledge of government and commercial payors, and significant experience with physician practice electronic health record and practice management systems and design.
- Working knowledge or understanding of the credentialing process as it relates to payers.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including 5+ years of staff management experience, ideally in a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2-3 years of Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience in supporting healthcare clients is a BIG plus.
- Practice Management Systems and Clearing House experience preferred.
- Experience in the behavioral healthcare space is preferred, especially if you have experience and/or working knowledge of the behavioral health and substance use disorder landscape.