Your One Thing
Ensure to uphold the company mission and values, while providing exceptional services for our clients and patients.
The Verification of Benefits Specialist is responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify patient insurance coverage. The VOB Specialist must possess a solid working knowledge of insurance plans and benefit structures to obtain detailed benefits information. The VOB Specialist is responsible for timely and complete processing of eligibility and benefit verification and accurate entry of related information in designated electronic record systems.
- Performs verification of behavioral health and medical services benefits for in-network and out of network coverage through a variety of methods such as outbound phone calls, insurance websites, and payer portals.
- Enters patient information into electronic record systems and thoroughly documents any incomplete or missing information.
- Responsible for maintaining a system for initial and subsequent verification of benefits.
- Prepares and maintains individual patient files, documentation in electronic HIPAA compliant cloud application.
- Ability to adhere to presented workflows and work independently with little supervisory intervention.
- Contact patients as needed to obtain and confirm necessary information to complete verification of insurance.
- Provide timely feedback to immediate supervisor regarding service failures or client concerns.
- Adhere and uphold all company core values, policies, procedures, business ethic codes, information security policies, and HIPAA requirements/guidelines.
- Steward all company resources appropriately.
- This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, obligations, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Must have at least 3 -5 years of verification of benefits experience.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working within an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) platform and proficient in Microsoft products.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with minimal errors in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and manage time effectively.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or General Diplomacy Diploma, GED required
- Four(4) year college degree in relevant field and/or medical billing/coding certificate preferred.
- Experience working with substance use disorder, mental health, or recovery setting is preferred.
- Must have high emotional intelligence and the ability to process insight and receive feedback.
- Ability to appropriately process change through effective communication initiatives.
- Must meet MAP’s Teleworking requirements and expectations, which include items such as a quiet designated office space with a locked door and access to high-speed internet.
"I attest" Statement
MAP Health Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MAP and its subsidiaries do not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for MAP Health Management and its subsidiaries to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either MAP or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of MAP has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
I attest with my signature below that I have given to MAP true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education, and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.