What we do
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Behavioral Health conditions and Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, behavioral health, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone's goal is the same: revolutionizing behavioral health and addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
As an independently contracted Medical Director, you will represent Ohio, and such other states, on behalf of MAP and perform administrative and clinical oversight to deliver quality Peer Recovery Support services.
- Collaboration with MAP Care Solutions clinical and leadership teams as the subject matter expert, participating in meetings as requested.
- Support the creation or review of workflows and/or procedures when requested, ensuring adequate monitoring of patients and the Peer Recovery Support service delivery
- Agreeing to duties and assignments associated with being the physician of record for billing non-professional peer recovery support services to payers provide in (state)
- Serve as a clinical liaison and be available to discuss the care of patients with peer recovery support specialists or MCS leadership.
- Participate in quarterly Medical Director meetings with the company leadership team supporting agenda items associated with Peer Recovery Support services
- Participate in weekly case review with Clinical Director of SUD/BH Programs as requested.
Educational and/or Work Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated administrative and psychiatric services in the fields of Mental Health and Psychiatry.
- Graduate of accredited medical school/university with residency in Psychiatry.
- Full medical certification as a physician by the state Medical Board and must be in good standing
- Controlled Substance Certification.
- Three (3) years of documented experience in the provision of services to persons who have been diagnosed with Substance Use Disorder.
- Certification as an addiction medicine specialist by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) or board certification as an addiction medicine specialist.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MAP Health Management/MAP Care Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and ensuring that all employment-related decisions are made without regard to race, sex, age, national origin, physical, or mental disability (unrelated to the ability to perform job duties), veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable law.