We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Behavioral Health conditions and Substance Use Disorders. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, behavioral health, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone's goal is the same: revolutionizing behavioral health and addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people, our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still allowing you to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- Access to a 401K Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Personal Care leave
- Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistant Program
- Telework Environment
** At MAP, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety and health of our employees remain intact during the national pandemic. Our Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialist position is considered 100% remote, including our applicant and onboarding process.
Your One Thing
Ensure to uphold the company mission and values while providing exceptional services for our clients and patients.
As MAP’s Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialist, your primary focus will be to offer lived experience with behavioral health conditions and provide support focused on advocacy, education, mentoring, and motivation. Our Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialists are trained to advocate for their peers through the process of behavioral health recovery in ways that are specific to the needs of each individual.
- Provide routine practical, real-world support in coping with life's day to day demands through modeling and coaching approaches to mental health recovery based on an established treatment plan via telephone/telehealth with peer.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation of patient encounters and data.
- Effectively manage call queues and pre-scheduled calls in a timely, engaging, or meaningful manner.
- Assist in guiding peer to community and health plan directed resources.
- Assist in training of new Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialists.
- Support MAP clinical and product development team's development of technology systems and operating protocols.
- Relay patient issues and concerns to clinical leadership.
- Enforce and uphold all company employee ethics, confidentiality requirements, rules, guidelines, and expectations.
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to MAP's clients and fellow employees.
- Participate in a well-paced and succinct manner in all staffing and meetings.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reasonable accommodations, for those with disabilities, may be made to enable the performance of essential job functions.
- Adheres and upholds all company values, policies, procedures, business ethics codes, information security policies, and HIPAA requirements/guidelines.
- Steward all company resources appropriately.
This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, obligations, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Certification as a state Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPS) is required for employment.
- Certification as a Nationally Certified Peer Support Specialist (NCPS) through Mental Health America preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in behavioral health, substance use disorder, or peer support environments.
- You must be active and stable in your behavioral health recovery.
- Maintain a lifestyle that promotes continued mental, physical, and spiritual health, as well as healthy interpersonal relationships.
- A genuine commitment to the support and health of the individuals and families affected by behavioral health and substance use disorders.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the challenges facing individuals and families affected by behavioral health in a manner that is accepting and free of stigma.
- Ability to utilize a strategic mindset in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Since this position is remotely based, you must have computer skills (tech-savvy or advanced computer skills are a plus), which includes experience with instant messaging, video conferencing, and Microsoft Products.
- You must have high-speed internet access or be willing to get it for yourself if offered the position.
- You must have a private room where you can work undisturbed for hours at a time.
Educational and Work Experience
· School Diploma or G.E.D
· Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPS) in a US State
· Nationally Certified Peer Support Specialist (NCPS)
"I attest" Statement
MAP Health Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MAP and its subsidiaries do not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for MAP Health Management and its subsidiaries to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either MAP or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of MAP has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
I attest with my signature below that I have given to MAP true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education, and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.