** At MAP, we are taking necessary steps to ensure that the safety and health of our employees remain intact during this time. Our Peer Recovery Support Specialist position is considered 100% remote, including our applicant process.
- Provide peer recovery support based on an established treatment plan via telephone/video conference.
- Conduct routine monitoring of client experience through standardized and proprietary assessments.
- Timely and accurate documentation of client encounters and data.
- Assist in guiding the patient to community and health plan directed resources.
- Assist in training of new Peer Recovery Support Specialists.
- Support MAP clinical and product development team’s development of technology systems and operating protocols.
- Relay client issues and concerns to clinical leadership.
- Enforce and uphold all company employee ethics, confidentiality requirements, rules, guidelines, and expectations.
- Understand, respect, and abide by all HIPAA laws and other applicable regulations at all times.
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to MAP’s customers and fellow employees.
- Participate in a well-paced and succinct manner in all staffing and meetings.
Knowledge and Requirements
- Must be located in Florida
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience working with substance use disorder, and mental health.
- Certified as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS) through the Florida Certification Board, and must attain the National Certification through NAADAC within 60 days of employment.
- Must have 3 years of continuous sobriety from drugs and alcohol
- Must actively be working a “program of recovery” related to your history of substance use. A “program of recovery” includes the following:
- Regular and active attendance of recovery support activities (12 – Step meetings, SMART Recovery, other mainstream recovery support community, regular appointments with a provider who is treating your substance use disorder).
- Maintaining a lifestyle that promotes continued mental, physical and spiritual health, and healthy interpersonal relationships
- A genuine commitment to the support and health of individuals and families affected by substance use disorders.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the challenges facing individuals and families affected by substance use disorders in a manner that is accepting and free of stigma.
- Since this position is remote, you must have average to above-average computer skills (tech-savvy or advanced computer skills are a plus).
- Must meet MAP’s Remote Worker Requirements & Expectations which include items such as a quiet designated office space with a locked door and access to high-speed internet.
- Must participate in the production of a recovery biography in video and written format.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Behavioral Health conditions and Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, behavioral health, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone's goal is the same: revolutionizing behavioral health and addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people, our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still allowing you to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits.
- 401(k) plan
- Generous PTO package
- Access to Personal Family Care Days to further support your health and overall well-being
- Employee Assitance Program
- Business-casual environment
"I attest" Statement
MAP Health Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MAP and its subsidiaries do not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for MAP Health Management and its subsidiaries to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either MAP or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of MAP has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
I attest with my signature below that I have given to MAP true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize any person, organization, or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education, and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.