WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2018 in the heart of downtown St. Louis, Ponce Health Sciences University is answering a need for more healthcare professionals by preparing more students for jobs with a world-class, culturally-competent education. Whether you’re an aspiring doctor or psychologist, PHSU St. Louis is focused on helping our students reach their professional goals.
Ponce Health Sciences University’s history dates back to its founding in 1977 in Ponce, Puerto Rico. We’ve been expanding our prestigious health sciences offerings since, with a focus on graduate medical programs. With campuses now in Ponce, San Juan, and St. Louis, we’re expanding our global network while staying committed to preparing students for real-world healthcare careers and clinical situations.
The mission of Ponce Health Sciences University (PHSU) is to provide a world-class, culturally-competent, health sciences education to the population we serve, through innovative adaptive learning environments focused on the success of its students to become ethical practitioners and scientists.
The PHSU vision is to build on its reputation as a prestigious academic and research leader educating underrepresented diverse populations while focusing research efforts on solving global health disparities
PHSU SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
PHSU St. Louis has begun its development of a new School of Medicine (opening Fall 2022) as part of an multi-million educational investment in north St. Louis that includes a new hospital. The new campus could support up to 1,200 students and create 120 new staff and faculty jobs in St. Louis.
With the expansion of our medical program in St. Louis, we will put action behind our vision of providing real education and research opportunities in a community dedicated to addressing and impacting health disparities on local and national levels. PHSU is thrilled to continue our mission to give more students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds access to high-quality medical education and careers.
PHSU St. Louis currently offers PsyD and MSMS programs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Office Operations Partner assists in and manages various administrative duties. This includes supporting the Campus Director and the St. Louis campus in an administrative capacity, as well as order tracking and inventory management, orders and supplies management, data management, project processing, market research, data analysis, finances, budgets, facility management and other administrative duties. The Office Operations Partner serves as the first point of contact for handling vendor related matters, scheduling office/IT/facilities services and organizing offsite meetings and events.
- Support the Campus Director in prioritization and execution of tasks.
- Provide material and logistics support to the leadership team.
- Assist in the coordination, completion, and execution of special projects, meetings, or events.
- Schedule meetings and assist in maintaining calendars for campus director.
- Track supply and asset inventory and approve supply orders for the school; assist in inventory and asset control.
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensure purchases align to budgets and spending allowances.
- Create and maintain expense reports adhering to policy.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Schedule expenditures; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Prepare requisitions for payments for office supplies, equipment, and services.
- Compose routine correspondence/office memoranda.
- Manage and coordinate operations, i.e. IT, janitorial, security, etc.
- Organize and delegate outside vendors and services for the office.
- Perform basic administrative duties including printing, email, and office supply ordering.
- Set up online meetings via Zoom or similar platform; trouble shoot when problems arise.
- Occasionally provide market research and present findings to leadership.
- Ensure smooth office operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be dependable, team-oriented, and have good inter-personal and communication/ organization skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees, students, outside vendors, and service providers. Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills. Excellent organizational skills. Time management and the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task are required. Critical thinking skills when reviewing documents, spreadsheets, and other data points.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position, as well as the Physical Demands and Work Environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. 2 years or more years of related experience in office management.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, and MSFT Teams. Knowledge in Jenzabar, and CRM strongly recommended.