Cabaletta Bio (Nasdaq: CABA) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing and launching targeted, potentially curative, cellular therapies for patients with autoimmune diseases. The CABA™ platform includes two strategies to treat and potentially cure many of the most common and challenging autoimmune diseases. The CARTA strategy, or Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cells for Autoimmunity, is designed to potentially reset the immune system by causing transient B cell depletion with early academic clinical data suggesting the potential of this strategy to transform treatment in patients with SLE and the possibility of cures in rheumatoid arthritis, myositis, and systemic sclerosis, among others. Our lead product candidate using the CARTA strategy is CABA-201, 4-1BB-containing CD19-CAR T designed specifically to treat patients with autoimmune diseases, including SLE/lupus nephritis and myositis and which uses a CD-19 binder that has an encouraging clinical tolerability profile. The second strategy is Cabaletta Bio’s proprietary CAART, or chimeric autoantibody receptor T cells, strategy, which is designed to cause antigen-specific B cell depletion of well-defined, disease-causing B cells. Our lead product candidate developed using the CAART strategy is being evaluated in a clinical trial for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV) and our second product candidate is expected to initiate a clinical trial later this year in muscle-specific tyrosine kinase (MuSK) myasthenia gravis. Cabaletta Bio’s headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.cabalettabio.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing cures, where a patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that successful cures can be achieved for patients if every member of the Cabaletta is focused on the success of the team. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each employee who joins the team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! #GPTWcertified Check out what our employees say makes working here so great: Working at Cabaletta Bio Inc | Great Place to Work®
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Core Lab Activities (CLA), we are seeking an experienced and motivated Lab Manager to set up and manage newly established CMC facilities for the company. The position involves both technical and operational responsibilities.
- Set up and maintain operations of the CMC labs, including management of day-to-day activities and coordinating meetings with internal and external partners.
- Participate and coordinate involvement in daily lab tasks, including scheduling equipment maintenance.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of essential equipment, and monitor CMC service records and contracts.
- Onboard new CMC scientists including lab safety training, building tours, and equipment usage training.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving CMC materials with external vendors.
- Manage inventory supply for CMC lab spaces, working in conjunction with the Research Lab Manager for shared resources, and act as primary resource for purchasing laboratory resources for CMC related activities.
- Manage CMC consumable inventory and organize stock rooms.
- Assist in optimizing existing lab space to better improve workflows and space usage.
- Develop, implement, and maintain laboratory guidelines and standard operating procedures consistent with GXP requirements.
- With support from Cabaletta Compliance and Quality teams, ensure compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations; participate in training personnel on compliance in lab safety, conduct, and standards.
- Facilitate internal and external audits, including being liaison between lab personnel and visiting individuals.
- Manage room maintenance and cleanliness and ensure lab spaces are organized and functional.
- Act as point person between lab personnel and Core Lab Activities.
- Must be able to lead CMC projects independently and work collaboratively with Research Lab Manager to ensure cohesive environment.
- BS degree or higher with 3-5 years of laboratory management or equivalent industry experience.
- Direct involvement in starting up lab facilities with biologics development.
- Knowledgeable of up-to-date GXP guidelines, and lab safety/training requirements.
- Comfortable with immunological assays and biotechnology, including experience with cell culture, cell processing, and cell based functional assays.
- Highly organized and efficient with a curiosity to be a part of cutting-edge science.
- Must be able to move gas canisters including LN2, CO2, and compressed air NOTE: Full LN2 tanks can weigh a significant amount – tanks are placed on wheeled platforms and will be rolled over smooth flooring.
- Must be able to lift 50lb off the ground, and up to 15lb overhead for storage room maintenance.
- Experienced using ELN and LIMS systems.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Experience in industry or in ap industrial setting is preferred.
- Experience organizing new laboratory space, plotting workflows, and new equipment installation.
- Equipment demonstration and scheduling as new projects are brought online.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term that represents a rapid, repetitive, and technically challenging section of an operatic aria, designed to showcase the skills of the lead singer. Analogously, Cabaletta Bio strives to achieve rapid and repetitive product development, building on our indication prioritization and biologic platform that targets the driver of specific autoimmune diseases without the need for long-term immunosuppression.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/join-our-crew
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Cabaletta Bio, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Cabaletta, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Cabaletta shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, if a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Cabaletta has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.