Cabaletta Bio (Nasdaq: CABA) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing and launching targeted, potentially curative, cellular therapies for patients with autoimmune diseases. The CABA™ platform includes two strategies to treat and potentially cure many of the most common and challenging autoimmune diseases. The CARTA strategy, or Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cells for Autoimmunity, is designed to potentially reset the immune system by causing transient B cell depletion with early academic clinical data suggesting the potential of this strategy to transform treatment in patients with SLE and the possibility of cures in rheumatoid arthritis, myositis, and systemic sclerosis, among others. Our lead product candidate using the CARTA strategy is CABA-201, 4-1BB-containing CD19-CAR T designed specifically to treat patients with autoimmune diseases, including SLE/lupus nephritis and myositis and which uses a CD-19 binder that has an encouraging clinical tolerability profile. The second strategy is Cabaletta Bio’s proprietary CAART, or chimeric autoantibody receptor T cells, strategy, which is designed to cause antigen-specific B cell depletion of well-defined, disease-causing B cells. Our lead product candidate developed using the CAART strategy is being evaluated in a clinical trial for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV) and our second product candidate is expected to initiate a clinical trial later this year in muscle-specific tyrosine kinase (MuSK) myasthenia gravis. Cabaletta Bio’s headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.cabalettabio.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing cures, where a patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that successful cures can be achieved for patients if every member of the Cabaletta is focused on the success of the team. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each employee who joins the team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! #GPTWcertified Check out what our employees say makes working here so great: Working at Cabaletta Bio Inc | Great Place to Work®
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Director, Molecular Biology group, we are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist. Under scientific and technical supervision, the candidate will design and produce molecular constructs that could be utilized for vector development and protein production. The individual will focus and work along for manufacturing small and large scale LVV gene therapy vectors across various preclinical programs and disease areas. The position offers growth into additional areas such as cell biology and molecular biology, immunology, and cell therapy. The position involves both technical and operational responsibilities.
- Molecular Biology – Experience with cell culture, cloning, lentiviral production.
- Under scientific and technical supervision: develop and execute protein characterization and quantification assays including but not limited to chromatography using protein-specific affinity matrices, gel electrophoresis, immunoblotting and FPLC driven processes.
- Actively contribute to process improvements and the implementation of new technologies.
- Perform lab associated tasks in accordance with cGLP and Cabaletta Bio lab safety policies
- Maintain accurate and well-organized records and electronic laboratory notebook
- B.S degree in Life Sciences or closely related discipline with 2-3 years of prior experience
- M.S degree in Life Sciences or closely related discipline with 1 -2 years of prior experience
- Prior experience with the cell culture and cell-based assay development and T-cell biology
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, cloning, flow cytometry
- General lab skills; including sterile technique, human tissue handling.
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in writing, must have a desire to be part of a growing organization that uses cutting-edge science.
- A high level of flexibility to support various other activities and the ability to learn new techniques outside of existing field of expertise.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Experience in industry or in ap industrial setting is preferred.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term that represents a rapid, repetitive, and technically challenging section of an operatic aria, designed to showcase the skills of the lead singer. Analogously, Cabaletta Bio strives to achieve rapid and repetitive product development, building on our indication prioritization and biologic platform that targets the driver of specific autoimmune diseases without the need for long-term immunosuppression.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/join-our-crew
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Cabaletta Bio, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Cabaletta, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Cabaletta shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, if a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Cabaletta has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.