Cabaletta Bio (Nasdaq: CABA) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing and launching targeted, potentially curative, cellular therapies for patients with autoimmune diseases. The CABA™ platform includes two strategies to treat and potentially cure many of the most common and challenging autoimmune diseases. The CARTA strategy, or Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cells for Autoimmunity, is designed to potentially reset the immune system by causing transient B cell depletion with early academic clinical data suggesting the potential of this strategy to transform treatment in patients with SLE and the possibility of cures in rheumatoid arthritis, myositis, and systemic sclerosis, among others. Our lead product candidate using the CARTA strategy is CABA-201, 4-1BB-containing CD19-CAR T designed specifically to treat patients with autoimmune diseases, including SLE/lupus nephritis and myositis and which uses a CD-19 binder that has an encouraging clinical tolerability profile. The second strategy is Cabaletta Bio’s proprietary CAART, or chimeric autoantibody receptor T cells, strategy, which is designed to cause antigen-specific B cell depletion of well-defined, disease-causing B cells. Our lead product candidate developed using the CAART strategy is being evaluated in a clinical trial for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV) and our second product candidate is expected to initiate a clinical trial later this year in muscle-specific tyrosine kinase (MuSK) myasthenia gravis. Cabaletta Bio’s headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.cabalettabio.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing cures, where a patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that successful cures can be achieved for patients if every member of the Cabaletta is focused on the success of the team. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each employee who joins the team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! #GPTWcertified Check out what our employees say makes working here so great: Working at Cabaletta Bio Inc | Great Place to Work®
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Principal Scientist, Analytical Development, this experienced and motivated Associate Scientist/Senior Research Associate will play a key role in the development of analytical methods and support activities of routine analytical testing and method qualification to support CARTA and CAART platforms for pre-clinical and clinical programs. This position requires a highly skilled and experienced scientist with a background in biology and rich experience for method development, qualification, and troubleshooting.
- Assist to design and develop analytical methods for the characterization and release of lentiviral vectors and CAR-T / CAAR-T cells.
- Assist to Identify and implement opportunities for analytical method improvement and participate optimization of existing analytical methods to enhance sensitivity and efficiency.
- Perform method qualification studies in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct quality control assays to evaluate lentiviral vectors, CAR-T / CAAR-T cells and stability samples generated by internal groups and external partners.
- Perform general lab and equipment maintenance duties.
- Participate in technical troubleshooting and problem investigation.
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams.
- Prepare detailed and accurate documentation of experimental procedures, results, and conclusions.
- Stay current with advances in analytical techniques and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology or closely related discipline, and with 2-4 years of experience.
- Proficient in aseptic technique for cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Strong experience in analytic techniques, including flow cytometry, qPCR/dPCR, and ELISA etc.
- Flexible to support various analytical activities and to learn new techniques outside of existing field of expertise.
- Experience with analytical method development or quality control programs for lentiviral vector and CAR-T product preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Strong laboratory documentation practice with high scientific integrity.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and guidelines (FDA, ICH, etc.) for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experience in industry or in startup industrial setting is preferred.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term that represents a rapid, repetitive, and technically challenging section of an operatic aria, designed to showcase the skills of the lead singer. Analogously, Cabaletta Bio strives to achieve rapid and repetitive product development, building on our indication prioritization and biologic platform that targets the driver of specific autoimmune diseases without the need for long-term immunosuppression.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/join-our-crew
Our most important asset is our people, and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.