Cabaletta Bio (Nasdaq: CABA) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing and launching targeted, potentially curative, cellular therapies for patients with autoimmune diseases. The CABA™ platform includes two strategies to treat and potentially cure many of the most common and challenging autoimmune diseases. The CARTA strategy, or Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cells for Autoimmunity, is designed to potentially reset the immune system by causing transient B cell depletion with early academic clinical data suggesting the potential of this strategy to transform treatment in patients with SLE and the possibility of cures in rheumatoid arthritis, myositis, and systemic sclerosis, among others. Our lead product candidate using the CARTA strategy is CABA-201, 4-1BB-containing CD19-CAR T designed specifically to treat patients with autoimmune diseases, including SLE/lupus nephritis and myositis and which uses a CD-19 binder that has an encouraging clinical tolerability profile. The second strategy is Cabaletta Bio’s proprietary CAART, or chimeric autoantibody receptor T cells, strategy, which is designed to cause antigen-specific B cell depletion of well-defined, disease-causing B cells. Our lead product candidate developed using the CAART strategy is being evaluated in a clinical trial for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV) and our second product candidate is expected to initiate a clinical trial later this year in muscle-specific tyrosine kinase (MuSK) myasthenia gravis. Cabaletta Bio’s headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.cabalettabio.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing cures, where a patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that successful cures can be achieved for patients if every member of the Cabaletta is focused on the success of the team. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each employee who joins the team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! #GPTWcertified Check out what our employees say makes working here so great: Working at Cabaletta Bio Inc | Great Place to Work®
About the Position
We are seeking a highly experienced and innovative Senior Scientist/Associate Principal Scientist with expertise in preclinical development of allogeneic cell therapy, reporting to Head of Cellular and Molecular Immunology. As a key member of our research and development team, you will play a crucial role in the development and optimization of allogeneic cell therapies for various autoimmune diseases. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and translation of allogeneic cell therapies into clinical applications.
If you are a highly motivated and accomplished scientist with a strong background in allogeneic cell therapy and preclinical research, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and impactful Senior Scientist/Associate Principal Scientist position. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the development of life-changing therapies that have the potential to make a significant impact in patient care.
- Lead and contribute to designing and executing preclinical studies to evaluate the safety, efficacy, and pharmacology of allogeneic cell therapies.
- Develop and optimize in vitro assays and oversee in vivo assays to evaluate the functionality, potency, and characteristics of allogeneic cell therapy products.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to define project strategies, timelines, and deliverables, and ensure alignment with overall development plans.
- Apply deep scientific expertise in cellular immunotherapy and allogeneic cell engineering to design and implement innovative approaches for improving the therapeutic potential and functionality of allogeneic cell therapies.
- Overtime, lead and manage a team of scientists and research associates, providing scientific guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Analyze and interpret complex experimental data, develop hypotheses, and make data-driven recommendations for advancing allogeneic cell therapy programs.
- Contribute to the preparation of scientific publications, presentations, regulatory documents, and intellectual property filings.
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific advancements, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the field of allogeneic cell therapy and contribute to the continuous improvement of research methodologies and techniques.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines, quality standards, and ethical considerations in all preclinical activities.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field and 2 years of relevant experience. Post-doctoral experience in cellular immunotherapy or allogeneic cell therapy research is highly preferred.
- Strong background in immunology and hands-on experience with immune cell-based assays with a focus on cell-based therapies.
- Extensive experience in various molecular and cellular biology techniques, including gene editing, flow cytometry, immune functional assays.
- Proficiency in designing and executing preclinical studies, including protocol development, data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data interpretation skills, with a track record of delivering high-quality results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Prior experience with regulatory requirements for preclinical studies and an understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to evolving research priorities.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Experience in industry or in ap industrial setting is preferred.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term that represents a rapid, repetitive, and technically challenging section of an operatic aria, designed to showcase the skills of the lead singer. Analogously, Cabaletta Bio strives to achieve rapid and repetitive product development, building on our indication prioritization and biologic platform that targets the driver of specific autoimmune diseases without the need for long-term immunosuppression.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/join-our-crew
Our most important asset is our people, and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Cabaletta Bio, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Cabaletta, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Cabaletta shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, if a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Cabaletta has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.