At Mastery Logistics Systems our goal is to build the next generation of technologies to allow large brokers, 3PL’s, and shippers to benefit from the progress of technology and connectivity. Our brokerage application targets large, distributed brokerages and 3PL’s, with follow-on shipper TMS available in the future.
Our team has the knowledge to make an impact, and we’re looking for serious dev talent to help. We need people who are flexible problem solvers and who know how to communicate their solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with a small team to understand user and market needs, participate in user testing, and design usable interfaces for our responsive web application.
The problems in this industry are big, but that’s what makes it fun. Mastery Logistics Systems is dedicated to providing a great working environment by challenging our team members while being respectful of your time and the needs of your personal life. That’s why we encourage time exploring innovation ideas alongside more standard daily tasks. We require employees to schedule at least one week off every four months.
We are small and nimble, and each member of the team can make a tremendous impact. Join us and help make something great.
This position can work from Chicago, Lake Forest, or Champaign.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and developers to design and build an intuitive UI for our real-time freight management system
- Create prototypes for user testing and finished designs to be delvoped against
- Work alongside front end engineers to ensure that designs are implemented as expected
- BS in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Practical experience designing interfaces for web applications
- Experience designing and testing responsive interfaces
- Understanding of core design principals including typography, color theory, and layout
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS or interactive prototyping tools a plus
Competitive pay and benefits plus:
o Flexible schedule and unlimited vacation and personal days
o 10% of work time can be spent on projects and idea exploration other than core project
o 10% of our profits to be shared between the St Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the Chicago Children’s Hospital
o Other perks like a Spotify account for every employee, training budget, and standing desks