At Mastery our goal is to build the next generation of technologies to allow large brokers, 3PL’s, and shippers to benefit from the progress of technology and connectivity. Our brokerage application targets large, distributed brokerages and 3PL’s, with follow-on shipper TMS available in the future.
Our team has the knowledge to make an impact, and we’re looking for serious dev talent to help. We need people who are flexible problem solvers and who know how to communicate their solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with a small team to understand user and market needs, participate in architectural design, and build our responsive web application.
The problems in this industry are big, but that’s what makes it fun. Mastery is dedicated to providing a great working environment by challenging our team members while being respectful of your time and the needs of your personal life. That’s why we encourage time exploring innovation ideas alongside more standard daily tasks. We require employees to schedule at least one week off every four months.
We are small and nimble, and each member of the team can make a tremendous impact. Join us and help make something great.
This position can work from Chicago, Lake Forest, or Champaign.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and other developers to design and build the React UI for our real-time freight management system
- Ensure interfaces function quickly and beautifully across devices
- Engage in the full development life-cycle including architectural design and testing
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Practical experience with front end web development including responsive web applications
- Experience with React or similar frameworks
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and SaaS application development
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
Competitive pay and benefits plus:
o Flexible schedule and unlimited vacation and personal days
o 10% of work time can be spent on projects and idea exploration other than core project
o 10% of our profits to be shared between the St Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the Chicago Children’s Hospital
o Other perks like a Spotify account for every employee, training budget, and standing desks