Northramp is looking for a smart, creative SecOps Engineer interested in helping grow something truly unique in our markets.
This is your opportunity to join a smart DevSecOps team delivering cutting-edge solutions to a fantastic Government client. A solid foundation of DevOps / SRE principals, experience with containers, Nutanix and experience securing cloud environments is key for this challenging and rewarding role. You will join the CISO team as the lead engineer focused engineer the secure solutions on-prem and in the cloud. We have the tools to succeed, and we are looking for individuals with a sharp engineering mind to help shape and harden new and existing architectures.
This CISO team is responsible for developing a large variety of security and infrastructure solutions in the cloud and in on-premise data centers. We are seeking a motivated individual as this team is constantly evolving and is currently evolving cloud security solutions in Azure, O365 and Splunk. To be successful in this role you’ll be passionate about what you do and will be able to work autonomously to engineer your way out of problems. The successful candidate will have proven experience in automating manual IT infrastructure and security processes and will have a proven track record of learning new technologies.
This position allows for 80% - 90% telecommute.
- Integrating with CISO and Operations teams to act as security SME and assist with connecting to new and existing security related tooling
- Reviewing and assisting teams with architectural decisions as they pertain to security best practices.
- Develop reusable automation using Ansible
- Develop processes and automation to harden Azure images and on-prem instances
- Assist Security Organization with research and development of tooling and applications that can shift security into CI/CD Pipelines
- Perform research and development on new Cloud offerings from a variety of Cloud Platforms.
- Develop example code, best practice documents and processes to aid application and SecOps teams in deploying their service offerings
- DoD Secret clearance required. Interim Secret acceptable at hire.
- 2+ years of experience of administering IaaS and Linux based environments.
- 2+ years of experience presenting the technical solutions you develop to other teams and organizing technical dependencies involving other teams.
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps or DevSecOps roles. The successful candidate will have worked closely with application or infrastructure teams as a DevOps or DevSecOps engineer. You must have experience developing with Ansible.
- 1+ years of Cloud Platform, Security Engineering. The successful candidate will have experience working with one or more Cloud Platforms to develop secure solutions that scale. This includes, but is not limited to, Lambda, Docker and Kubernetes related services, Network, and Instance related services and deep understanding of how to secure and observe those services.
- 2+ years of Security Engineering. The successful candidate will have proven experience building and reviewing architectures with a focus on security best practices. An understanding of reading and implementing security controls in new and existing architectures coupled with the ability to communicate successfully with the greater security organization is required.
Strongly Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience of working in Azure and O365 environments. This experience must include engineering deployment strategies, experience hardening deployments, hardening the control plane and worker nodes. Also, a key skill is to understand how to implement observability and altering into new and existing clusters.
- Strong experience with Splunk and SIEM tools.
- Basic understanding of 0365 and 0365 security capabilities.
- Strong DevSecOps practices: The successful candidate will be experienced with injecting security hardening and best practices into existing and new projects that follow DevOps practices. You will be expected to absorb existing security strategies and engineer solutions in active and new CI/CD Pipelines, IaC, and configuration management tools. We need a candidate who is excited about shifting security early in the application and platform lifecycle and optimizing observability
DoD Secret clearance required. Interim Secret acceptable at hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Northramp, our passion, our true north, is to help our clients cut through the fog and obtain technical and operational clarity to help them make the most significant impact possible. Focused like a laser on driving value for our clients, Northramp specializes in helping public and private sector clients streamline their IT operations, improve their technical services, and drive greater returns from IT investments.
If you are curious in learning more about Northramp, please visit our website at https://www.northramp.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Northramp is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail PeopleOPS@northramp.com or call: 703-772-5588 - Northramp Human Resources. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
EEO is the Law
The law requires Northramp to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following link: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Northramp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, Northramp is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify.