Northramp is looking for smart, creative individuals interested in helping grow something truly unique in our markets. We are currently looking for a DevOps Database Engineer to join our team working remotely.
As a DevOps Database Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying and managing PostgreSQL databases within containerized and cloud environments. While the primary work is on PostgreSQL, work will also include managing MongoDB for document storage. This application platform includes many technologies from OpenShift to Splunk and is used by a wide range of development, QA, and system integration teams. The project is also gearing up to migrate from a datacenter hosted environment to a cloud environment.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Database Engineer who has experience:
- Working with DevOps, Development, and Security teams to define and document requirements for deployment, configuration, hardening, and optimization of databases and database tasks.
- Deploy and manage databases per requirements.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot problems within PostgreSQL specific and general DevOps tools and processes.
- Management of backup files and recovery processes.
- Manage accounts and roles on the databases per documented processes.
- Document database architecture and processes.
- Reviewing vulnerability scans and remediating vulnerabilities in addition to participating in periodic security audits.
- Coordinate with other teams to continually improve delivery of product to customer.
- Maintaining and driving modernization of legacy applications, tools and systems.
- Design, implement ensuring quality and security controls are met.
- Prioritize work and close out tickets in a timely manner.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- 5+ years work experience
- PostgreSQL (versions 9.6 – 13) on Linux, including system configurations
- Experience with database replication (streaming, file based, or logical)
- Experience managing both file-based and logical backups (pg_basebackup, pg_dump, pg_restore)
- Highly Available database configurations using replication, connection poolers (pgbouncer, pgPool), load balancing (HAProxy), and failover
- Database recovery from backups (single table, entire database, point in time, missing transaction logs)
- Query optimization (analyzing explain plans, index management)
- Scripting/development skills. Python and Bash scripting are preferred
- Log Aggregation/Analysis (pgBadger, Splunk or similar)
- Application/Database monitoring (pgMonitor, Datadog, NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Zabbix or similar)
- Linux (RHEL preferred)
- Debugging (proxies, networking, java/tomcat, database)
- Team player that fully embraces DevOps culture, eliminate barriers and bridge moats
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Government or large organization experience
- Multiple PostgreSQL distributions (EDB, Crunchy Data, 2nd Quadrant)
U.S. Citizenship is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Federal COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Based on the federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate posted on covered contractors, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required. Medical and/or religious exemption requests will be considered. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
At Northramp, our passion, our true north, is to help our clients cut through the fog and obtain technical and operational clarity to help them make the most significant impact possible. Focused like a laser on driving value for our clients, Northramp specializes in helping public and private sector clients streamline their IT operations, improve their technical services, and drive greater returns from IT investments.
If you are curious in learning more about Northramp, please visit our website at https://www.northramp.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Northramp is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 703-772-5588 - Northramp Human Resources. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
EEO is the Law
The law requires Northramp to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following link: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Northramp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, Northramp is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify.