McKay Brothers, LLC seeks a seasoned and versatile attorney to join our legal team in Oakland, California. This position will serve as an essential partner to our customer onboarding team and will also work closely with our other in-house lawyers and outside counsel to support business, legal and strategic initiatives across the broader organization. The successful candidate will have extensive experience drafting and negotiating wide-ranging commercial and technology agreements with sophisticated counter parties and the demonstrated ability to proactively identify key business and legal issues—along with proposing pragmatic resolutions. This is a great opportunity to join an early-stage legal team, learn about new technologies, and work on challenging legal issues in an exciting, entrepreneurial environment.
· Oversee all legal aspects of customer contracting, including streamlining the contracting process and managing related systems integrations.
· Draft, negotiate and advise our global business teams on a variety of commercial agreements.
· Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
· Collaborate with the legal team on special projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues.
- Exceptional judgment, with the ability to think strategically and creatively to give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives.
· Experience with a full range of corporate and commercial transactional work.
· Excellent drafting, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly, take initiative, work proactively and be resourceful.
· Strong organizational skills and work ethic, including the ability to track many complex issues simultaneously, and to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- Qualified attorney and member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel. New York bar a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience; top tier law firm and/or in-house representation of fintech, technology,
telecommunications or financial services companies preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This is an on-site full-time position with robust benefits including paid vacation, but without relocation reimbursement.
McKay Brothers, LLC is the acknowledged leader in providing low latency wireless networks for financial markets trading. McKay designs, engineers, builds and operates the premier low latency microwave networks used by the world’s most sophisticated trading operations. McKay opened its US network in 2012, expanded to Europe in 2014 and Asia in 2016. Its Quincy Data affiliate serves a universe of equally innovative clients, distributing financial markets data globally via microwave. Learn more at www.mckay-brothers.com and www.quincy-data.com.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes in PDF form only.McKay Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer