We are looking for a talented data engineer to join our world class, results-driven team. You will be an early member of our data science team and will help to build out our capabilities. If you meet the requirements below, we would love to tell you more in person.
This is an opportunity to make a big impact in a small team and to have fun. It’s way better than those boring, big corporate, red tape, meetings-all-the-time, sucks-the-life-out-of-you jobs.
As a key member of our growing team, we expect you to align and extend our culture. We’d like you to teach us new things, improve our systems and processes, show passion for what you do and bring intellectual honesty and resourcefulness.
- Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the engineering and data science teams to evaluate data architecture, improve data workflow and understand data design on the HintMD roadmap
- Building the data architecture to support data science operations
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading data from a variety of systems
- Building a company data warehouse search platform for business analytics
- Building and automating dashboards and data distribution for internal reporting
- Becoming a trusted analytics partner across the company, providing a valuable source of data-based insights
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a data engineer, building data warehouse and data pipelines
- Extensive experience designing and writing robust ETL jobs, and distributed data processing systems (Hive, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Strong development skills in at least one of Python/Java/Scala
- Strong SQL knowledge – query optimization, data modeling etc.
- Experience with AWS environment (EC2, EFS, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EFS etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven setting
What We Can Offer
We believe healthy people fuel a healthy culture. We offer health, dental and vision benefits, as well as a generous vacation time. Additional benefits include equity grant and 401K.
If this sounds like the kind of work you would love to be doing, reach out to us and attach your resumé and let’s chat about how we can combine forces!