We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages, including two Floating Holidays, Personal/Family Care Leave, and Traditional PTO.
- Employee Assistant Program
- Business-Casual Environment
The Verification of Benefits Specialist is responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify patient insurance coverage. The VOB Specialist ensures insurance coverage by telephone, resolves any issues with coverage and escalates complicated issues to a supervisor. The VOB Specialist is responsible for updating patient benefit information in MAP's insurance system and verifying that existing information is accurate.
- Compiles medical insurance verification of benefit and eligibility information submitted by the client for processing within contracted timelines
- Ensures verification of benefit and eligibility information obtained from payer/insurance company is accurate
- Inability to obtain a verification of benefit or incomplete info1mation is reported to the manager immediately
- Responsible for maintaining a system for initial and subsequent verification of benefits
- Responsible for daily reporting of verification of benefit activities
- Prepares and maintains individual patient file, documentation in electronic HIP AA compliant application (Box)
- Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding verification of benefits
- Represents company in a professional manner at all times.
- Keeps current with third-party/payers’ guidelines
- Maintain high-integrity and honesty in all affairs
This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High school diploma or GED
· Exemplary customer service skills
· Attention to detail and ability to complete the job with minimal errors
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Medical Billing Experience
· The employee will work in a standard office environment with repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform