As the Regional Development Manager, you will serve as MAP’s primary liaison to engage and convert targeted healthcare providers with a specific focus on patients with addiction / Substance Use Disorder. Such providers include, but are not limited to, outpatient addiction treatment, general primary care and family physicians’ practices, community and urgent care clinics, psychiatrists, counselors and additional recovery specialties. Primarily responsible for driving patient referrals to MAP and creating brand awareness to promote access to MAP’s peer recovery support programs in the assigned region. Will be the primary call point of contact for independent healthcare providers, responding to general inquiries, calling on independent healthcare providers, informing those providers on the features and benefits of our services to effectively grow access to and enrollment in our peer recovery support programs.
- Success will primarily be measured in this role by converting targeted providers into referents which means successful enrollment of patients into MAP’s service.
- Perform marketing and sales activities for an assigned geographic area to achieve or exceed assigned objectives. Using consultative selling skills, initiates contact with targeted providers and key staff to engage customers, source needs, and recommend service solutions in order to market MAP’s peer recovery support services and increase the number of new patient referrals.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of our peer recovery support programs and products that enables you to engage in meaningful dialogue and convert targeted independent healthcare providers into referents.
- Establish and maintain strong long-term relationships with referring providers in the territory.
- Identify, develop, and implement sales, marketing, and outreach plans, presentations, and strategies designed to develop incremental referrals, new referral relationships, and meet customer needs.
- Develop thorough understanding of regional business conditions relating to the industry, competition, and relevant business trends.
- Relay provider feedback and market trends data to practice leadership.
- Recommend and execute complex/unusual solutions to resolve market and/or customer issues.
- Identify new creative ways to identify future growth.
- Conduct weekly in person prospecting of general physicians’ practices, community and urgent care clinics, psychiatrists, counselors and additional recovery specialties
- Utilizes CRM system (salesforce.com) to enhance impact of sales call and territory management by documenting all sales activity daily and accurately. Appropriately uses this information to develop account business plans which address the needs of your region.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with key decision makers and influencers within target independent healthcare providers.
- Employ effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus, program and product questions, issues identification and effective close.
- Proven ability to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges.
- Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through education, ethical promotion of services among physicians and other independent healthcare providers in assigned region.
- Collaborate with other business development representatives at MAP on market-level strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of pharmaceutical sales, referral liaison or industry experience
- Strong customer service and sales skills
- Strong existing network and connections with targeted providers
- Excellent communications, and engaging presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Intermediate proficiency using the Windows System, Microsoft Office Suite: expert Outlook capabilities in a business setting
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Ability to travel by air or car up to 50% of the time
- Must have keen drive to succeed in sometimes ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Must have passion, sense of urgency, drive, grit, and be "results-oriented"
- Actively listen by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Experience in the Behavioral Health / Substance Use Disorder treatment field preferred
- Experience using salesforce preferred
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, Substance Use Disorder treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO package
- Employee Assistant Program
- Business-casual environment