ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for designing, programming and commissioning electronic systems for a wide variety of ride, show, animation and special effect control systems used in complex and integrated theme park attractions. The role includes working closely with ITEC’s manufacturing team including electronic technicians producing the systems. It also involves coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program and integrate electronics systems designed to meet the specific needs of theme park attractions.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot electronic circuits to the board level
- Develop electronic embedded systems prototypes and test platforms
- Perform necessary engineering calculations for electronic system designs.
- Develop design documentation that thoroughly describe all aspects of the intended designs.
- Develop test procedures to ensure designs operate as intended. Test procedures may include factory and site acceptance tests.
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the software for the electronic systems following ITEC’s software development processes and procedures.
- Perform on-site testing and troubleshooting on electronic systems
- Should have working knowledge of printed circuit board design and packaging.
- Troubleshooting to the circuit board component level and a familiarity of electronic components such as integrated circuits, microcontrollers, passive and active components.
- Familiar with embedded Microcontroller programming in assembly, C, Python or other languages
- Strong written documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Internet of things (IOT)
- Strong computer (MS Office & AutoCAD) and networking skills.
- Ability to show good judgment with proven attention to details and follow up.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree is required.
- Minimum three years in a role with electronics system design, software development, installation and integration.
- Must have good electronic troubleshooting skills and be familiar with electronic test equipment such as Ocilliscopes, frequency counter, multimeters.
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international job sites for extended periods to support attraction integration is required.
- Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufacturers such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech. ETC and Medialon is a plus.
- Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufactures such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech. ETC and Medialon is a plus.
- Extended domestic and international travel is required at times during attraction integration.
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
- Ability to work overtime (evenings/weekends) bases on project needs
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. The person in this position must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.