ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Audio/Video/Lighting Systems Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, integrating and commissioning technical entertainment systems for a wide variety of ride systems, show systems, animation systems, and special effect systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions and live entertainment venues. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program and integrate small and large scale entertainment systems designed to meet the specific needs of themed entertainment attractions.
- Develop design drawings using AutoCAD and/or Solidworks software.
- Perform engineering calculations for audio, lighting, video, mechanical and/or electrical system designs.
- Develop design documentation that thoroughly describes all aspects of the intended designs.
- Identify suppliers and vendors appropriate to the project and maintain the files for each.
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the control system scripting following ITEC and/or the client’s creative direction.
- Prepare the specific equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s shop prior to delivery to site.
- Work on client job site to commission the entertainment systems and perform the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Develop the show technical resource plan and project schedule for specific projects.
- Ensure consistent review and reporting of status to senior project management and ITEC senior management.
- Provide guidance in the development of production plans for the projects to ensure that vendor and supplier production and quality capabilities are not being over-taxed based on award across multiple projects.
- Guidance of the show design and engineering process to insure project goals and objectives are being addressed and met.
- Must be able to evaluate skill sets and capabilities of the individual Technical Designers, Engineers, and Technicians and plan accordingly.
- Ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of and compliance with industry recognized standards, performance specifications, and local codes in design and engineering fields.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and deliver on multiple project goals and timelines effectively.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or Solidworks and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation and Electronic Controls.
Required Education & Experience
- Four (4) + years of major entertainment development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following – Engineering, Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Liberal Arts – Theater Design/Technology.
- Major theme park development/theatre production experience.
- Experience budgeting/managing show technical production efforts above $5 million value.
- Firsthand knowledge of compliance in industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Adobe Pro, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- Degree in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Theatre
- Experience in vendor management
- Strategic and organizational planning knowledge/experience
- Experience with conflict management and resolution
- Domestic US and international travel is required for this position (25% - 100%).
- Candidate must have a valid passport.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to forty pounds. The ability to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods of time if required.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.