ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC Entertainment is currently seeking an Interior Designer for a broad portfolio of Themed Attraction, Resort, and mixed-use Real Estate Projects. The Interior Designer will work in a multi discipline collaborative studio to create functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing spaces by assessing space requirements, determining optimal furniture placement, and selecting decorative items in ITEC’s themed projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in guiding, informing, and coordinating interior design efforts within the project.
- Work with a team of Creative Directors, Planners, Architects, and Project Managers to develop and direct the creative design intent that meets the client’s needs while optimizing the guest experience.
- Create design concepts and digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, and fixtures
- Responsible for the coordination of internal planning, design resources, a variety of third-party consultants, vendors, and participants in the development of high-concept designs, detailed documentation, and production planning ensuring that the design intent is consistent and properly executed.
- Utilize a holistic perspective and sensitivity in the design consideration of the project type, functionality, proportion, building systems, materials, colors, and textures.
- Prepare graphics presentations, models for design studies, presentations, and design documents for clients.
- Develop, modify and/or review production drawings.
- Research concepts and materials to support design team on technical issues influencing concept development.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Assist the Creative Director and Design Manager as needed.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (basic REVIT knowledge is a plus), Sketch Up or similar 3D software, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and MS Office.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills giving attention to detail and a self-starter.
- Understanding of the application of a wide range of codes, regulations, building systems to leisure entertainment projects.
- Experience with the design of content rich entertainment sites, facilities, and environments as well as the application of supporting systems and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of finishes and furniture systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of space planning.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Able to develop and present design concepts.
- People-oriented, enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative eye for detail in preparation of design presentation materials.
- Minimum of five years of experience, preferably in the retail, hotel, resort, hospitality and/or entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field of education or discipline.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.