The Field Service Supervisor leads various teams of engineers and technical staff in the development and supervision of technical projects. They are accountable for one or more projects of medium to large complexity and/or cost that are of high significance. They are responsible for delivering a quality product/system that meets both technical and customer requirements. The Field Services Supervisor performs project-level scheduling, reporting, and financial tracking. They facilitate progress for the team and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, including working across various functional groups to accomplish goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for coordinating with engineering and CS to drive project success.
- Responsible to ensure overall project success including cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager to identify and staff projects with the proper skill sets. from within the technician pool needed to ensure Project/ Product delivery.
- Provide the programmatic and technical interface to key subcontractors.
- Optimizes technical work by organizing system engineering reviews and participating to those of lower level solution elements from design to validation and acceptance.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills by providing potential solutions and countermeasures to technical issues and obstacles in the project.
- Support certification and site acceptance testing for project deliverables.
- Present project status, risks, opportunities, and issues for escalation to leadership.
- Prepares contract documents for bid packages.
- Compiles, validates, and reconciles project data including gate deliverables and project documentation.
- Develop and maintain procedures for successful interoperation between project management, product management, sales, and technical implementation teams.
- Document, track, organize, and oversee all external product technical implementation projects.
- Marshal internal and external resources in support of deriving initial project plans, timelines, risks, and deliverables.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings in support of tracking project status.
- Regularly communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Technical Implementation Team Leads, assign activities and work efforts to internal resources.
- Identify and assist in mitigating risk related to project success.
- Estimate, track, and manage project budget requirements
- Strong analytical abilities
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to multiplex among several projects
- Ability to manage project development process and documentation.
- High level of proficiency in MS products such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
- At least 6 years’ experience working in a technical and/or engineering field as a Project Manager or other technical roles with Project Management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven experience managing projects with deliverables and hard deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Experience with themed entertainment industry a plus