ITEC has an immediate opening for a Project Accountant. Primary responsibility is to perform a variety of accounting, financial and administrative duties associated with multi-discipline projects . The project accountant works directly with and reports to the Project Manager. The project accountant is responsible for managing the financial budget for the contract, monitoring project/work order progress, determining percent completion, tracking expenses, reviewing financial transactions, reviewing labor costs, billing, and additional administrative tasks as required. General knowledge should include accounting, Accounts Payable and Receivables, cost control.
- Outstanding analytical skills, and technical accounting, budgeting, project management, reporting, and financial management skills.
- Ability to have a proactive approach to analyze and make decisions for productivity and efficiency
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including ability to use formulas and manipulate large sets of data
- Attitude and flexibility to get the job done, whatever that job may be.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience required
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
- Must have experience with QuickBooks, MS Power Point, Word
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
· Ability to work 40+ hours per week
· Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time. Job entails using a computer for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.