ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC is looking for a Graphic Designer with 3+ years of experience or combination of education and experience, preferably related to themed entertainment design and/or related entertainment industries. Individual collaborates with the Design Studio teams, under the direction of Creative Directors, Director of planning and VP of Marketing, interpreting creative vision and conceptual design ideas and then creating visual representations of them, both electronic and printed. This individual would work with a variety of products, applications, and software platforms, while simultaneously collaborating with a number of teams in varying disciplines.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare designs and layouts for presentation packages during various phases of production (concept, design intent, schematic, etc.) for content generated by both the Creative and Technical teams
- Create various types of Logo, signage, presentation book layout and infographics during various phases of production including: logos, marquees, wayfinding, banners, operational signage (including ADA and Code-Compliant signage) and graphics
- Prepare files for print by understanding and following the printer’s guidelines for color and layout
- Populate packages with up-to-date design assets while maintaining the layout concept of the presentation
- Responsible for quality control reviews of all production assets in layouts and packages (artwork, copy, reference images, etc.)
- Coordinate with both the Creative and Technical members of the team to ensure all elements are accommodated within the design
- Follow all Client, licensed Intellectual Property (IP) and Internal brand guidelines including, but not limited to: logos, insignia, color schemes, lexicon, and naming conventions
- Collect high-resolution reference imagery for use in packages by utilizing written treatments and creative direction
- Support internal marketing efforts with designs including, but not limited to: apparel, tradeshow graphics, advertisements, and press releases
- Maintain the organization of all work documents by proofreading and updating any title-blocks or version numbering, utilizing established file name conventions on updated creative/technical packages
- Support development of the production schedule by giving estimated work completion times
- Detail-oriented creative thinker with problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to hand sketch ideas to convey creative intent to the team
- Strong visual presentation, page layout skills
- Possess the ability to take creative direction and copy edits
- Not limited to one graphic design style and can adapt and implement various styles that span many cultures and time periods.
- Ability to utilize color schemes based on concepts with a strong understanding of color theory and branding
- Ability to work against deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of themed entertainment design experience or combination of equivalent education and experience
- University-level degree in one of the following: Art, Graphic Design, presentation design or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software
(Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD and Prezi), Microsoft Office (Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Windows
- Familiarity with the themed entertainment industry , general theme park and master planning and architecture knowledge
- Experience with SketchUp, Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects
Travel is not required for this position
Evening and weekend hours may be required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Extended periods of time using your hands or operating a computer is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.