We are seeking a software engineer with 2+ years’ experience for Android application development using Java and custom hardware. We’re seeking candidates that are highly motivated and can work independently, but who also can interact with a development team. You should have a strong background in the fundamentals of software development and a deep understanding of Java. You must have experience with facial recognition and cloud-based remote database connectivity.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Works well together with other team members in a cooperative, distributed, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Create various Android native apps which operate on custom hardware.
- Create user interface for basic user and admin user.
- Create backend services for app involving a cloud-based application.
- Utilize third-party facial recognition with database storage.
- Prepare technical documents as per established project standards.
- Works collaboratively with Project Manager to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Coordinate with Stakeholders, Business Analysts and Test Analysts to ensure that the developed application meets technical requirements and client needs.
- Experience with developing native apps in Android (2+ years)
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with basic algorithms and design patterns
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience with Google Vision SDK
- Experience with hardware interfacing is a plus
- Experience with mobile software development (iOS and/or Android)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelors' degree or higher in computer science or related field
- Availability to work overtime hours (evenings/weekends) as needed
- Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.