The Technical Director will have direct experience designing and integrating all aspects of theme park technology into major theme park attractions. They will be responsible for the direction various projects in theme park attractions around the world. This individual will be responsible for the day to day oversight of the team. The Technical Director also serves as the primary point of contact for ITEC Entertainment senior management when addressing overall project technical issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide guidance and oversight in the staffing, coordination, and installation planning for projects.
- Develop the show technical resource plan for the project.
- Identify vendors while serving as the primary contact for contractual matters i.e. schedule, pay applications, directives, variance orders.
- Ensure consistent review and reporting of status to project teams, project senior management and ITEC senior management.
- Provide guidance in the development of production plans for the projects to ensure that vendor and supplier production and quality capabilities are not being over taxed based on award across multiple projects.
- Consult with Creative leadership to ensure supportive and effective workflow from Technical Directors.
- Guidance of the show design and engineering process to insure project goals and objectives are being addressed and met
- Must be able to evaluate skill sets and capabilities of the individual Technical Designers and plan accordingly.
- Ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of and compliance with industry recognized standards, performance specifications, and local codes in design and engineering fields.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and deliver on multiple project goals and timelines effectively.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or Solidworks Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls.
Required Education & Experience
- Five years’ experience with design and installation of audio, video, and control systems
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following – Engineering, Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management. Liberal Arts – Theater
- Major theme park development/theatre production experience
- Experience budgeting/managing show technical production efforts above $50 million value
- Firsthand knowledge of compliance in industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Adobe Pro, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Experience in vendor management
- Strategic and organizational planning knowledge/experience
- Experience with conflict management and resolution
- Domestic US and international travel is required for this position (50% - 100%).
- Candidate must have a valid passport.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. The ability to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods of time if required for this position.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.