The Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, programming and commissioning electrical and mechanical systems for a wide variety of ride control systems, show control systems, animation control systems, and special effect control systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program and integrate large scale control systems designed to meet the specific needs of theme park attractions.
- Design and specify Mechanical systems including but not limited to open and closed loop motors, servos, and linear actuators for use in themed entertainment applications.
- Perform engineering calculations for mechanical and control system designs.
- Develop design documentation that thoroughly describe all aspects of the intended designs.
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the software for the control systems following ITEC’s software development processes and procedures.
- Prepare electro-mechanical system equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s offices prior to delivery to site.
- Ability to work on site to commission the electro-mechanical systems and perform the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Should have working knowledge of typical industrial control system equipment like PLC’s.
- Strong written documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer (MS Office & AutoCAD) and networking skills.
- Proficiency in Solidworks and Autocad software programs.
- Ability to show good judgment with proven attention to details and follow up.
- Experience with theme park and entertainment projects.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar degree is required for Engineer position.
- 2-4 years experience in a role with electro-mechanical and control system design, software development, installation and integration.
- Experience with variable frequency drives, servo drives, and/or hydraulic servo control is preferred.
- Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufactures such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech. ETC and Medialon is a plus.
- Ability to work overtime hours (evenings/weekends), when needed.
- Extended domestic and international travel is required at times during attraction integration.
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international.
- A valid passport is required for this position.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. The person in this position must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.