The Associate Graphic Designer collaborates with the Design Studio teams, under the direction of the Studio Manager, Creative Directors, and Project Managers, interpreting creative vision and conceptual design ideas and then creating visual representations of them, both electronic and printed. This individual would work with a variety of products, applications, and software platforms, while simultaneously collaborating with a number of teams in varying disciplines.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare designs and layouts for packages during various phases of production in different languages (concept, design intent, schematic, etc.) for content generated by both the Creative and Technical teams
- Create various types of signage and supergraphics during various phases of production including: marquees, banners, operational signage (including ADA and Code-Compliant signage) and graphics
- Prepare files for print by understanding and following the printer’s guidelines for color and layout
- Populate packages with available and up-to-date assets while maintaining the layout concept of the presentation
- Responsible for quality control reviews of all production assets in layouts and packages (artwork, copy, reference images, etc.)
- Coordinate with both the Creative and Technical members of the team to ensure all elements are accommodated within the design
- Follow all Client, licensed Intellectual Property (IP) and Internal brand guidelines including, but not limited to: logos, insignia, color schemes, lexicon, and naming conventions
- Collect high-resolution reference imagery for use in packages by utilizing written treatments and creative direction
- Support internal marketing efforts with designs including, but not limited to: apparel, tradeshow graphics, advertisements, and press releases
- Create mockups of merchandising for retail concepts
- Maintain the organization of all work documents by proofreading and updating any title-blocks or version numbering, utilizing established file name conventions on updated creative/technical packages
- Support development of the production schedule by giving accurately estimated work completion times
- Ability to utilize color schemes based on concepts with a strong understanding of color theory and branding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Possess the ability to take creative direction and copy edits
- Ability to hand sketch ideas to convey creative intent
- Ability to work against deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Detail-oriented creative thinker with problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
Required Education & Experience
- Beginner (1-3) years of themed entertainment design experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office and Windows. Beginner knowledge of Sketchup.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in one of the following: Art, Graphic Design, or related field
- Familiarity with the themed entertainment industry and general theme park knowledge
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Preferred Technical Skills: SketchUp
This position does not require any travel
Evening and weekend hours may be required for this position.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Extended periods of time using your hands or operating a computer is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.