The Associate Technical Director is responsible for researching, designing, integrating and commissioning technical entertainment systems for a wide variety of ride systems, show systems, animation systems, and special effect systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
Essential Job Functions
• Design, program and integrate small and large scale entertainment systems designed to meet the specific needs of themed entertainment attractions.
• Develop design drawings using AutoCAD and/or Solidworks software
• Perform engineering calculations for mechanical and/or electrical system designs.
• Develop design documentation that thoroughly describes all aspects of the intended designs.
• Identify suppliers and vendors appropriate to the project and maintain the files for each. • Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
• Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
• Develop the control system scripting following ITEC and/or the client’s creative direction.
• Prepare the specific equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s shop prior to delivery to site.
• Work on site to commission the entertainment systems and perform the Site Acceptance Testing.
• Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering allowing the accurate calculation of loads.
• Strong written documentation and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer (MS Office & AutoCAD or Solidworks) and networking skills.
• Ability to show good judgment with proven attention to details and follow up.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following – Engineering, Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, or Theatrical Design & Technology.
• 0 - 2 years in a role with mechanical/electrical system design, software development, installation and integration or theatrical production.
• Flexibility to travel to domestic and international job sites for extended periods to support attraction integration is required.
• Knowledge of variable frequency drives, servo drives, and/or hydraulic servo control is a plus.
• Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufactures such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech, ETC and Medialon is a plus.
• The ability to speak a foreign language is a plus for overseas projects
• Ability to work at least a 40 hour work week
• Domestic US and international travel is required for this position (25% - 75%).
• Candidate must have a valid passport.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to forty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required of the employee at any time, without notice.