SOC Analyst Level 1
Waterleaf International an engineering, cybersecurity and science-based defense and networking contractor is seeking full time Security Operations Center (SOC) Analysts.
Waterleaf hires, trains and promotes the best and brightest for upward mobility and the opportunity to grow and succeed. We offer excellent benefits (Medical/Dental/PTO/Tuition) and more.
Waterleaf offers a forward leaning culture – that means our focus and direction is on people, intellect, process and deliverables. Our people include employees, contractors, and customers all of whom have inherent value and contributions to not only our mission in defending our country but to the community we each live in.
We support professional and individual growth and provide dynamic, fascinating, and supportive work environments. Talk to us about the ability to have a great financial and personal gains in a thriving and vital environment.
As a SOC Analyst, you will be a key member of Cyberleaf’s Cyber Security team with responsibilities to ensure quality support and monitoring that meet customer needs for Security operational continuity. This is a full-time On-Site position, with limited but possible travel. The work location is in Fort Myers, FL; this is not a remote position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the customer and IT team as a technical resource to monitor customers Cybersecurity needs.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain security documentation.
- Document, all tickets and alerts worked on in the required SLA.
- Monitor and alert on all customers networks as needed.
- Develop and implement Jira/Splunk processes, automations and procedures.
- Develop and implement Splunk diagnostic procedures for security issues.
- Contribute to Splunk and Jira design innovation.
- Stay current on new technology, product, and standards.
- Other job duties, as assigned.
- Associates of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of Splunk, and Splunk ES, and Jira required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools.
- Competency with basic networking fundamentals.
- Competency with Jira Service management.
Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with a fast-moving team and balance/prioritize multiple tasks;
· Keep other team members up to date on development schedules and projects;
· Must be innovative, flexible and think creatively to overcome obstacles.
• This position reports to the Director of IT or the SOC Manager.
• This position has no direct reports.
• Advises, consults and coordinates with:
Internal Cybersecurity staff/developers and operations, Customers, Consultants, Vendors
Physical and Other Requirements/Working Environment:
· Extended time on a computer – repetitive motion.
· Must be capable and eligible for both domestic and international travel.
· May have to travel on short notice for emergent situations – national/regional disaster(s).
· Must be able to pass a post-offer/pre-placement drug screen, background check, and able to pass a government Secret or TS if required.
Must be able to work overnight and up to 12 hour shifts.
And, yes there is more – about us and you that is!
We are a rapidly growing telecommunications and cybersecurity company working in the defense and commercial enterprise space. Private Equity backed, we are at an inflection point and are experiencing significant growth. Based in SW Florida and with offices in Atlanta and Wichita both work at home or FL locations are acceptable.
We are innovative, creative, and mission-focused with services and products that are delivering a disruptive business model and technologies to the global cybersecurity market. The culture is one of innovation, openness, communication, honesty, and integrity. We have fun and enjoy what we do, are at times irreverent and always focused on deliverables, customer satisfaction and shareholder returns.
Due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens. And must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET or TS Clearance.
Our clients are varied and include government, DIB as well as enterprise that value security and skilled security practitioners. We research and publish vulnerabilities, participate in industry research and run our own labs.
- You practice continuous learning to expand your skills and your knowledge beyond the current assignment. You think therefore you are.
- You are developing subject matter expertise in at least one area and are passionate about the field.
- You prefer working in a collaborative environment. You embrace the team player concept with your willingness to share knowledge, to jump in and help colleagues, to ask for help when you need it, etc. No person is an island.
- You are brilliant communicator. Deliverables are well written. You easily communicate with customer, technical and management at multiple levels.
Our team is varied and lives throughout the US with HQ in SW FL and offices in Atlanta and MD/DC. We primarily work remote and do have lab, testing and staging areas as well.
We have highly competitive benefits with a package that includes paid time off, platinum health insurance, dental and vision coverage, maternity/paternity leave, 401K w/employer contribution, education, flex schedules and time shifting, support for your passion projects and opportunities for professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time (will consider contract employment but no recruiters)
Compensation: We pay for performance, capabilities and skills…we are SME’s and expect you to be as well.
Base Pay: $39,000.00 - $49,000.00 per year
Employee Stock Options (ESO)– we are a private company, and all employees get ESO’s.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- But wait there’s even more
What We Provide:
- Competitive compensation structure - We believe in above-average compensation for our above-average team members.
- Generous time off - Our team enjoys extensive PTO/Vacation, plus paid holidays and maternity/paternity leave for new parents.
- Healthcare - We have you covered. Health, vision, dental and life plans, for you and your family. See our benefits above.
- Grow with us - We offer our team every chance to learn and grow their skills while helping shape the future of our company.
How to Apply:
Thank you for including us in your job search. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to let us know why you feel we are a good match. All applications are reviewed quickly because we respect your time. Please make note that due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Waterleaf has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. Waterleaf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Waterleaf is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results!