Title: System Engineer
Full time – salaried position
Waterleaf International and engineering, construction and science-based defense and telecom contractor is seeking a qualified Systems Admin to join our growing team. You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities. As a System Admin you must be well-versed in all computer systems and all levels of network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
Tasks and Duty’s
· Supports Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Operations Manager, Publisher, and Unity for VoIP environments at various locations.
· Maintains and supports a large enterprise network connecting a citywide environment of over 1200 locations.
· Supports day-to-day operations that include routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, VoIP, and VPN.
· Works closely with the Network Operations Center to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
· Performs day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing, and troubleshooting.
· Provides WAN support for initiatives that revolve around our optical backbone.
· Maintains and supports network technologies that sustain data center operations.
· Configures load balancing for internal and external facing DOE applications.
· Collaborates with various departments representing the network support team to design, test, and implement proposed solutions.
· Troubleshoots network performance issues and recommending appropriate solutions.
· Provides periodic network traffic and security status reporting.
· Contributes to root cause analysis reports for network outages.
· Prepares network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required.
· Responds to emergency calls in the evenings and on weekends regarding WAN / LAN outages.
· Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
5+ years of experience with the following:
· Application load-balancing products such as F5 LTM and F5 GTM.
· Working with IP networking and protocols (IPV4, IPV6, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
· Monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
· Defining, implementing and maintaining network operations procedures, standard configuration templates, performance reports, topology diagrams, and documentation.
2+ years of experience with the following:
· Planning, designing, configuring and implementing enterprise networks (Wide Area and Data Center) using technology products such as such Cisco ASR, Cisco 9k/7k/5k, Cisco ACI, or VMware NSX.
· Working with network monitoring tools such as Netscout, Splunk, & Riverbed.
· Deep understanding of network and application protocols.
· Hands-on knowledge of Cisco series routers, including Cisco ASR series routers; Cisco switches, including Catalyst 6800, Cisco Nexus 9000 and Nexus 7000 series; and Cisco firewalls, including ASA series and Cisco FirePower.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
environment may be in data centers, cell sites, military bases and enterprise
offices. The job requires some physical work that can involve routine lifting,
climbing, bending, stooping, crouching, and standing for long hours.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to walk unassisted up to 5 miles
· Extended time on a computer – repetitive motion.
· Must be capable and eligible for both domestic and international travel.
· Must be able to pass a post-offer/pre-placement drug screen, background check, and able to pass a government Secret or TS if required.
Come grow with us!
Waterleaf is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status. We provide career advancement, training and education benefits and promote from within.
Waterleaf participates in E-verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Work authorization: United States – US Citizen