Title: System Architect
Full time – salaried position
Waterleaf International and engineering, construction and science-based defense and telecom contractor is seeking a qualified Systems Admin to join our growing team. You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities. As a System Admin you must be well-versed in all computer systems and all levels of network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
Tasks and Duty’s
· Manages a variety of technical tasks as part of designing the infrastructure in existing schools and provides technical support for both current and future needs.
· Provides expertise to identify and translate system and business requirements into design documents and drawings.
· Produces highly technical client-oriented design documents to illustrate solution strategy and deployment plans.
· Surveys market landscape for current trends, directions and methods to improve and enhance existing network, server, storage, and end-point infrastructure.
· Develops, organizes and performs extensive testing scenarios for various solutions.
· Validates hardware needed and assures that the specifications in the core network and school designs meet standards and organizational goals.
· Participates in ongoing design and engineering efforts to expand Department of Education (DOE) applications and systems to cloud infrastructure.
· Serves as the in-house expert and authority in troubleshooting complex network infrastructure technologies (Cisco, F5).
· Works on development of Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) standards and configurations.
· Collaborates with Project Managers during the deployment phase of the project. This includes documenting all installation, customization and integration efforts.
· Leads the creation of the configuration deployment procedures and trains integration and field engineers on various networking configurations.
· Utilizes knowledge of ITIL processes and methodology to develop project’s structure and documentation.
· Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the DOE’s Network Standards documents.
· Liaises with vendors to understand key technologies in the marketplace and determine viability of marketplace options regarding compliance with DOE standards.
· Works to develop documentation to implement solutions in accordance with the DOE’s educational vision.
· Establishes standards, processes and best practices in solution architecture to ensure high quality deliverables.
· Provides expert advice, technical leadership and guidance to IT teams for feasibility, solution architectural designs and options.
· Maintains a high level of technical knowledge on all relevant software releases and their interaction with various partner platforms.
· Develops a consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicates architecture direction with business and IT teams.
· Performs complex, hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, concepts and developmental tasks required in support of current and new projects.
· Develops, enhances, manages and maintains both new and existing solutions.
· Communicates requirements and specifications to project teams. This includes:
· Analyzes business requirements to develop technical network solutions designs and their framework.
· Leading teams during the implementation stage.
· Controlling and reviewing solution implementation.
· Resolves complex project issues through the implementation of requirements and the management of solution delivery.
· Develops best practices and tools to ensure the successful delivery of solutions to business partners
· Active Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Certification.
· Experience working with technologies such as Virtual Private Networks, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Wireless, and QoS.
7+ years of experience with the following:
· Planning, designing, configuring and implementing enterprise networks (Wide Area and Data Center) using technology products such as such Cisco ASR, Cisco 9k/7k/5k, Cisco ACI, or VMware NSX.
· Enterprise storage protocols, including FC, FCoIP, FCoE, and iSCSI.
· Planning, designing, configuring and implementing Next-Generation firewalls, web and content filtering solutions using technology products such as FortiGate, Zscaler, Cisco FirePower, and Cisco Meraki.
· Collaborating with network architects and engineers to create enterprise networks and address supports issues such as routing protocols, data center performance, high-availability and scalability.
· Working with IP networking and protocols (IPV4, IPV6, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EGRP).
· Application load-balancing products such as F5 LTM and F5 GTM.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
environment may be in data centers, cell sites, military bases and enterprise
offices. The job requires some physical work that can involve routine lifting,
climbing, bending, stooping, crouching, and standing for long hours.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to walk unassisted up to 5 miles
· Extended time on a computer – repetitive motion.
· Must be capable and eligible for both domestic and international travel.
· Must be able to pass a post-offer/pre-placement drug screen, background check, and able to pass a government Secret or TS if required.
Come grow with us!
Waterleaf is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status. We provide career advancement, training and education benefits and promote from within.
Waterleaf participates in E-verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Work authorization: United States – US Citizen