Does the idea of being part of a team which is developing components for Lidar, biomedical sensors and other tiny devices intrigue you? At IMT, that’s the type of work we do every day. We build the tiny technologies (MEMS) that empower tomorrow's innovations.
IMT is seeking a driven individual to lead IMT’s Dry Etch team as part of the Tools Group. We are looking for someone who can maintain robust processes and develop new processes for new programs (20+ in flight) with focus on product quality and manufacturability. You will also need to troubleshoot equipment issues and process challenges; take corrective action and develop new processes to improve on designs. Collaboration is a must as you work closely with the integration, manufacturing engineering, facilities, maintenance and production teams on development of new processes, selection of new equipment/technology, standardization and problem resolution.
We are looking for someone who can be a technical thought leader, mentor/coach, problem solver, and collaborator to improve performance and develop new methods. You will have 1-4 direct reports and will work closely with both our maintenance group and our customer facing integration engineers. You will manage the development of processes for MEMS fabrication to achieve quality, cost, and efficiency goals.
- Tool Health and predictive process management including daily SPC monitoring, improvement and troubleshooting for process and tool issues
- New equipment/technology selection, installation and process qualification and tool matching.
- Drive pro-active tool performance by identifying critical parameters, ensure proper process controls and OCAP procedures are documented
- Improve process robustness for manufacturing and use of problem-solving skills
- Collaborate broadly to standardize equipment recipes, processes, and layers (multi-step) to reduce complexity / cost and reduce development lead time and effort
- Leverage standards or develop new Etch processes for New Programs
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements of data
- Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers. Supplier management – own escalation and work together on resolution of tool issues.
- Mentor and coach other Engineers and Technicians to teach best practices for quality control and manufacturing
- Data analysis and presentation during product development and production support
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma mindset and processes
- Degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or other relevant physical science
- BA/BS with a minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience in wafer processing
- Strong experience in data analysis and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Background in MEMS or CMOS development or manufacturing
- Experience working in cross-functional teams of various backgrounds
- Extensive Process Engineer expertise in RIE, DRIE, Oxide etch, and plasma cleans a must
- Ability to work in both a clean room environment and an office environment
- Must be able to don and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Each additional level of education will be considered in lieu of industry experience
- SPC and JMP experience
- Ability to clearly communicate
Desired Skill Set:
- Degree preferred
- Previous experience in 150mm or 200mm wafer processing
- Lean 6 sigma qualification
- Strong organizational demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs, deadlines, and commitments.
IMT builds tiny technologies (MEMS) to help tackle the great problems of our time. The company is a nexus of brilliant minds and unique manufacturing capabilities helping its customers deliver revolutionary solutions for cell therapy, cloud computing, autonomous vehicles, DNA sequencing, IoT sensing, molecular diagnostics, and many other important fields.
Join us and you will get a chance to play a role in the next generation of technologies improving the planet. You will also be able to write your own legacy within a unique, stable, and small-company environment with leading MEMS experts. If you are looking to join a team passionate about bringing tomorrow’s technology to life, we want to talk to you!