Do you want to play a role in the next generation of technologies improving the planet? We build tiny technologies (MEMS) that empower tomorrow's innovations.
We are looking for a motivated, self-sufficient technician to handle all electro-mechanical technical work for our facilities equipment, primarily the integration of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical components. Your responsibilities will include light project management, vendor coordination, equipment preventive maintenance, and equipment repairs. The role requires a know-how of trade work such as plumbing, carpentry, patching/painting, cleaning operations, and a familiarity with EHS and hazardous waste collection.
- Performs basic electro-mechanical duties such as reading schematics, blueprints, diagrams, to identify the sequence and method of assembly for equipment, machine, parts, and utilities.
- Detail-oriented and have logical/critical thinking ability. Dexterity is also important because of the need to handle various types of hand tools for troubleshooting purposes of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic components.
- Performs basic building plumbing work such as repair/replacement of sink fixtures and valves, pipe leak repairs, fixture caulking, clearing of minor drain clogs.
- Completes facilities/maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Capable of prepping and painting office space interiors, conference rooms, restrooms and other locations as instructed.
- Performs florescent/LED lamp replacement and ballast change outs for facility light fixtures as well other basic electrical work when necessary.
- Assists or performs office moves, rearranges and installs office furniture and makes furniture repairs as necessary.
- Performs safety inspections/preventive maintenance for various types of facility related equipment, eyewash changes applicable to facility emergency eyewash stations, and inspection of facility fire extinguishers.
- Perform occasional confined space work, working at heights, forklift operations, and working around hazardous chemicals.
- Assist with/transfer hazardous waste material from all areas of the facility to hazardous waste containment locations as well as to the hazardous waste pad located on backside of the facility.
- Collect sharps containers and scrap product from non-cleanroom and cleanroom areas and labs when necessary.
- Perform other daily custodial duties and non-routine duties as assigned and when necessary.
Activities are performed in compliance with Quality and EHS system requirements . EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school Diploma
- 2+ years electro-mechanical maintenance experience preferred
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Physical capabilities to perform job responsibilities
- The physical demands described within the responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to use a computer and possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. using safe lifting techniques; be familiar with office and cleanroom environments.
- Will be required to enter cleanrooms daily/weekly, where protective clothing such as lab coats, shoe coverings, hair covers is required.
- Must also be willing to wear steel toe shoes/boots, protective gear such as safety glasses, goggles and gloves when working with tools or hazardous waste.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Noise level in the work environment occasionally meets or exceeds the OSHA permissible exposure of 85dBA. In most circumstances, noise levels are relatively quiet to moderate.
IMT builds tiny technologies (MEMS) to help tackle the great problems of our time. The company is a nexus of brilliant minds and unique manufacturing capabilities helping its customers deliver revolutionary solutions for cell therapy, cloud computing, autonomous vehicles, DNA sequencing, IoT sensing, molecular diagnostics, and many other important fields.
Join us and you will get a chance to play a role in the next generation of technologies improving the planet. You will also be able to write your own legacy within a unique, stable, and small-company environment with leading MEMS experts. If you are looking to join a team passionate about bringing tomorrow’s technology to life, we want to talk to you!