PNWCIN, LLC d/b/a Embright is a clinically integrated network that includes providers from leading healthcare organizations in Washington with a plan to expand throughout the Pacific Northwest (including but not limited to Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Western Montana, and Alaska).
The Sales Executive will coordinate with the Director of Business Development to develop and execute value-based agreements between select plan sponsors and Embright. This involves identifying and qualifying prospects through effective pipeline management in collaboration with the marketing team. The incumbent will be the primary relationship manager for assigned brokers and consultants, supporting these channel partners in their efforts. The Sales Executive will also effectively communicate the Embright value proposition, product features, and partnership expectations directly to prospects.
The successful incumbent has strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills as well as the ability to manage highly complex negotiations with external customers and internal stakeholders with the utmost integrity. This includes the ability to anticipate the client’s future needs and incorporating these into the Embright proposal.
This role requires diplomacy and adaptability fostering relationships of trust amongst a diverse universe of stakeholders to create collaborative relationships that endure.
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job and is not intended to represent a complete list of all tasks and functions. Incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
• In alignment with the business development strategy, successfully complete direct-to-employer agreements with a particular focus on mid-size employers
• Develop and present finalist presentations coordinating the various participants and resources.
• Build new, and leverage established, broker relationships to increase prospect/sales opportunities.
• Collaborate with the Contracting Manager, following the sale, for successful completion of agreements.
• Collaborate with Account Management resources for successful implementation of new client agreements and relationship cultivation.
• Build and maintain strong networks by participating in industry and affinity groups
• Collaborate with the Embright leadership team to collect, aggregate, and report competitive trends for strategic planning.
• Contribute to the success of the organization by meeting organizational competency expectations and core values, continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
• Given the start-up status of Embright, maintain flexibility in accepting assignments that move the organization forward both in terms of internal operations as well as external strategic partnerships.
• Integrity: Do the right thing
• Innovation: Think outside of the box & dare to be unconventional
• Collaboration: Team up & create mutual understanding & clarity
• Agility: Lean into reality & adapt quickly
• Respect: Seek first to understand & embrace culturally competent inclusivity
• Excellence: Be your best & inspire the best in others
• Personal Competencies
o Proven ability to negotiate and close sales
o Excellent organization skills
o Strong intellect
• Interpersonal Competencies
o Strong and effective written and verbal communication
o Flexibility and adaptability
o Thriving under volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous circumstances
• Organizational competencies
o Strategic business acumen
o Quality and strategic focus
o Financial expertise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Ability to articulate valuable insights and logical explanations in a manner that can be easily understood by diverse audiences when faced with difficult questions
• Track record of success in developing and executing a long-term strategic plan to win business, including maintaining a top prospect list and sales pipeline
• Extensive experience selling into employer groups, either directly or through channel partners (brokers and benefits consultants)
• Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issues, causes, solutions, implementation of mitigation/remediation plans)
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to tailor content and presentation type by audience and setting
• Proficiency in all aspects of the sales process, including performing initial outreach, developing relationships, negotiating, and closing contracts
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate complex situations
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, setting priorities, and exercising good judgement while working under the pressure of deadlines, multiple priorities, and frequent interruptions
• Ability to willingly accept responsibility and accountability
• Ability to handle a diversity of internal and external contacts in a professional manner that engenders trust
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate company values even under challenging circumstances
• Ability to seek out, build, and nurture strong internal and external professional relationships
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years in roles requiring selling health technologies, medical insurance, employee benefits, SaaS or consulting solutions in the employer market
• 3+ years collaborating with employee benefits brokers and consultants; preferably in the Seattle market
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration preferred
• Previous experience in an entrepreneurial or start-up organization desirable but not required
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Aaron Satz, Director of Business Development at email@example.com.