Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’. If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Scientist with a strong background in immunology and genomics to join our team of immunologists driving the development of Selected-TIL therapies for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate will deploy functional genomics, single cell sequencing and cellular immunology to support preclinical programs advancing our TIL platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your ability to think strategically, drive fast-paced execution, and collaborate with team members across the research department.
The Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Contribute to target evaluation and validation for select TIL improvement using in vitro assays such as cytotoxicity, expansion, and cytokine secretion.
· Genetically engineer immune cell populations and screen for novel targets.
· Contribute to product characterization and target identification using gene expression profiles, genome annotation, TCR sequencing and single cell RNA sequencing data.
· Independently design, execute, analyze, and troubleshoot experiments to support preclinical discovery in discovery in immunology therapeutic areas.
· Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues to drive progression of the project.
· Ph.D. with a strong background in Immunology and bioinformatics or computational biology.
· Experience with current NGS platforms including single-cell analysis algorithms.
· Advanced immunology laboratory skills, with demonstrated proficiency in multi-parameter flow cytometry biochemical, immunological and cell biology techniques.
· Proficiency in R or Python is highly preferred.
· Prior experience in analyzing and integrating TCR-seq or CITE-seq datasets is preferred.
· Experience with genetically engineering primary immune cells using CRISPR-based approaches is preferred.
· Experience with guide-seq, circle-seq or site-seq is a plus.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to other team members.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a communication style that matches the Turnstone style: respectful, transparent, and constant.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $100,000 – $125,000.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.