Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’. If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Turnstone is seeking a Research Associate to join our team of immunologists driving the development of TIL therapies for the treatment of cancer. This successful candidate will drive various aspects of in vitro by designing and executing experiments, analyzing data and presenting results in a collaborative team setting. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside senior researchers and project teams to perform discovery and development research that will ultimately create new medicines for cancer patients at our state of the art facilities in San Diego. We have an open, transparent and dynamic culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders and continuous learning/improvements.
The Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform isolation, expansion and phenotyping of various immune cell populations (T cells, DCs and B cells) for use in immunologic assays.
- Design, execute and analyze in vitro studies to assess TIL expansion, phenotype and functionality.
- Assessment of TIL phenotype using flow cytometry (from simple to complex panels, including spectral cytometry).
- Assessment of TIL functionality using in vitro assays to measure cytotoxicity, expansion, and cytokine secretion.
- Generate quality data and study summary reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare data/figures to present to senior research staff.
- Contribute to a team-centric culture that values transparency, innovation, integrity, and purpose.
- B.S or M.S in Biology with previous experience in immunology.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture with excellent sterile technique.
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience with Immune cell culture and functional assays.
- Experience with cell sorting is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, attention to details and positive team-oriented attitude is a must.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 – $85,000.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.