Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’. If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Turnstone’s T cell therapy technology is based on a Selected-TIL process that revolutionizes the generation of tumor targeted T cells for adoptive cell therapy. We are looking for a passionate and driven team player with experience in molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry and immunologic assays to help develop these next gen T cell products for preclinical and clinical evaluation. You will work alongside senior researchers at our Ottawa research facility (located at Carleton University), designing and executing cell-based immunology studies following established standard operating procedures (SOPs). In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your ability to think strategically, drive fast-paced execution and collaborate with team members across the research department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Design, execute and manage complex in vitro studies to assess TIL expansion, phenotype and functionality.
· Co-culture of TIL and tumor cells for assessment of T cell reactivity by cytokine secretion, proliferation and cell killing.
· Generate quality data and study summary reports in a timely manner.
· Communicate findings to senior research staff.
· Contribute to a team-centric culture that embraces scientific excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity and hard-work.
· PhD in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology
· Post graduate research or biotech experience is preferred.
· Robust understanding of innate and adaptive immune systems with expert knowledge of in vitro immunological assays including but not limited to proliferation, ICS and ELISA.
· Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry.
· Experience in cell sorting is preferred.
· Experience with immune cell culture is required, experience with human T cell culture is highly preferred.
· Strong work ethic with a positive team-oriented attitude.
· Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.