Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Lab Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of Turnstone’s R&D laboratory at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. The Lab Operations Manager will oversee all aspects of the laboratory and site to ensure optimal operational efficiencies. They will apply technical expertise to inform decision-making and coordinate with Scientific teams to prioritize and organize objectives.
- Procurement and supply chain of all laboratory needs, warehouse management and shipping/receiving
- Management of lab utilities, equipment calibration/preventative maintenance, overseeing lab and facility cleaning
- Active communication with all team members to support their activities and enhance productivity
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, vendors and collaborators to manage budgets and timelines
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with local health and safety regulations, routinely review and update health and biosafety policies as needed, and support staff training based on institutional safety and operational requirements.
- Administrative responsibilities include: maintaining all necessary permitting for lab operations, selection and management of vendors, management of equipment, facility maintenance and maintenance of biological and consumable inventories, invoice approvals, budgeting and staff on-boarding.
- BS degree in life sciences
- Multiple years of experience in facility and laboratory management
- Experience with Biosafety Level 2 / CL2 materials and work areas
- Establishing and ensuring compliance with lab safety policies
- Knowledge and commitment of laboratory Occupational Health and Safety Procedures
- Laboratory equipment preventative maintenance, calibration and qualification
- Vendor and supply chain management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with cross functional stakeholders throughout the organization
- Development and implementation of laboratory policies
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Prior experience in fast paced, hands-on work environments
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.