Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected. Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’. If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Research Technician will be a key individual contributor to process development for the cell therapy programs at Turnstone Biologics. Primary responsibilities include execution of process development studies, analytical testing of samples and support for ongoing data analysis and interpretation. The candidate will also support technology transfer to contract manufacturers and sustaining support for GMP manufacturing. The role requires experience in aseptic cell culture, with preference for experience with culture of T-cells. Essential to the role will be collaboration with cross functional stakeholders. The Research Technician will collaborate with research, analytical development, and manufacturing teams to ensure process development studies are well designed, executed and analyzed. The position reports to the Associate Director, Process Development, and will be located in San Diego, CA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Execute experiments supporting process development for clinical and pre-clinical cell therapy programs
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings and report results to advance process development activities
- Maintain detailed experimental records in lab notebooks, analyze and interpret data, and present data to cross functional teams in research, process development, manufacturing and quality
- Assist in technology transfer to GMP manufacturing by generating development reports and providing on-site technical support
- Provide process support to the internal manufacturing and QC teams during deviation and OOS investigations
- Author protocols, reports and SOPs to document development studies and ensure method standardization
- Utilize appropriate statistical methods to design studies and analyze development data
- BS or MS in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional stakeholders in the execution of experimental studies and reporting of data
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Prior experience with aseptic cell culture
- Prior experience with T-cell culture preferred
- Prior experience with statistical analysis of data, design of experiments and use of JMP software preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.