Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected. Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’. If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will be key contributor to analytical development for the cell therapy programs at Turnstone Biologics. Primary responsibilities include development of novel potency assays, development and optimization of existing flow cytometry characterization methods and analytical support for internal process development and research on Turnstone’s portfolio of next generation cell therapy technology. The candidate will also support analytical technology transfer to contract manufacturers and sustaining support for analytical testing during GMP manufacturing. The role requires experience in use of analytical methods for cell characterization, with preference for experience with flow cytometry and cell-based functional assays. Essential to the role will be collaboration with cross functional stakeholders. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will collaborate with research, process development and manufacturing teams to ensure analytical methods are effectively designed and developed. The position reports to the Associate Director, Analytical Development, and will be located in San Diego, CA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Perform new and existing analytical methods in support of cell therapy product development
- Collaborate with research and process development to support design and development of robust cell-based potency assays
- Perform flow cytometry for phenotypic characterization of in-process and final product cells
- Support development of cutting-edge analytics and data visualization workflows for both flow cytometry and RNA/DNA sequencing data
- Maintain detailed experimental records in lab notebooks, analyze and interpret data, and present data to cross functional teams in research, process development, manufacturing and quality
- Perform previously established methods in support of process development, product release and stability, and product characterization
- Support development of analytical methods to quantify and characterize genetic stability and detect on and off target genetic editing of T cells
- Support instrument and reagent standardization, and instrument performance optimization for analytical methods
- Support analytical technology transfer and method qualification at contract manufacturing organizations
- Provide analytical support to the internal manufacturing and QC teams during deviation and OOS investigations
- Author protocols, reports and SOPs to document development studies and ensure method standardization
- Utilize appropriate statistical methods to design studies and analyze development data
- BS in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline with 0-3 years analytical development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional stakeholders in the execution of the analytical method development across multiple platforms
- Prior experience with flow cytometry, qPCR, NGS, cell counting, and ELISA preferred
- Prior experience in design and development of cell-based functional assays preferred
- Prior experience in analytical technology transfer to internal or contract manufacturing teams preferred
- Prior experience with statistical analysis of data, including use of JMP software
- Prior experience working across multiple projects in a fast paced, hands-on environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.