Turnstone Biologics is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing new medicines to treat and cure solid tumors by pioneering a differentiated approach with a clinically validated technology, tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy. Turnstone’s innovative TIL therapy, which is designed to extend the efficacy of TILs to multiple solid tumor indications by selecting and manufacturing the most potent tumor-reactive T-cells (Selected TILs) for tumor eradication, represents the Company’s foundational therapeutic modality driving its cancer immunotherapy pipeline. The Company recently commenced two clinical trials in various solid tumor types with its lead Selected TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, one of which is in collaboration with Moffitt Cancer Center. Turnstone is developing additional strategies to further potentiate the clinical benefit of Selected TILs, including use in combination with their novel viral immunotherapy.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency and continuous learning/improvement.
Turnstone’s T cell therapy technology is based on a Selected-TIL process that revolutionizes the generation of tumour targeted T cells for adoptive cell therapy. We are looking for a passionate and driven team player with experience in molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry and immunologic assays to help develop these next gen T cell products for preclinical and clinical evaluation. You will work along side senior researchers at our Ottawa research facility (located at Carleton University), designing and executing cell-based immunology studies following established standard operating procedures (SOPs). In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your ability to think strategically, drive fast-paced execution and collaborate with team members across the research department.
- Design and execute in vitro studies to understand T cell activity, function, cell state and phenotype from human tissues.
- Perform isolation, expansion and phenotyping of various immune cell populations (T cells, DCs and B cells) for use in immunologic assays.
- Generate quality data and study summary reports in a timely manner and communicate findings to senior research staff and program teams.
- Write and review SOPs and oversee training of team members.
- Contribute to a team-centric culture that embraces scientific excellence, collaboration, hard-work and continuous personal and scientific development.
- BSc or MSc (ideally focused cell biology and/or immunology). Co-op or research experience is highly valued.
- Understanding and experience with mammalian cell culture, standard molecular biology techniques such as ELISA, western blots, flow cytometry and cell-based and biochemical assays such ICS, chemotaxis and cytotoxicity assays is required.
- Knowledge and experience with in vivo pre-clinical models is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with viruses and vaccines is preferred.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.