Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
- Quoting, arranging, and handling of time-critical and temperature-controlled shipments.
- Identify and select carriers and vendors who will meet service requirements for shipments
· Determine pick-up and export routing, documentation requirements, and filing of custom queries upon request.
· Log, track and analyze for final KPI’s all the data from each shipment, must maintain accurate and organize records and chain of custody
· Support team members with other duties as required, such assisting requestors with problem resolution and owning the projects from beginning to end.
· Work with external partners Brokers, CMOs, CTO’s, Storage Vendors.
· Participate in cross-functional teams that support process improvements and/or team development.
· Identify and resolve delivery related issues through timely communication with internal teams, carriers, and external partners.
· This is a global role; candidates must be cognizant of time zones and flexible enough to be able to work within them
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in a scientific, business or related discipline
· Ability to function in a team environment and pursue information when it is not readily available. Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Strong communication skills to ensure regular and effective communication within the business and externally with 3rd parties.
- Customer service focused/mindset / Continuous Improvement mind-set
- Used to working at a high speed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with international supply chain constituents; brokers, freight forwarders, freight providers, carriers, CMOs/CROs, depot/warehouse providers, and regulatory standards such as permits, labeling and transportation rules.
- Knowledge of Packing and Material Management operation in accordance with GMP manuals and guidance as well as experience with transport and temperature control practices such as, temperature monitoring, labels required bu the TSA and DOT, types of labeling codes and Harmonized tariff input.
· Experience maintaining spreadsheets and other databases of information as required.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.