Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Research Associate or Senior Associate, in this individual contributor, lab-based role, will work in a collaborative environment to perform Analytical testing and development to support Turnstone’s TIL cell therapy development programs.
This position will join the development group and work with the analytical testing group that values data quality, high productivity and teamwork. The key deliverables for this role are precise, accurate, and high-quality data presented, communicated, and integrated in an effective manner. This position will require thorough documentation of all experimental steps and final data readout.
· Execution of key analytical methods such as multi-parameter flow cytometry, bioassays and qPCR-based methods and data analysis in support of process development activities, product characterization, and raw materials testing.
· Provide support to other groups for assay development, qualification, and transfer into Analytical Development
· Developing processes and methods to improve lab execution and data analysis
· Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
· Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
· Contribute to an overall high-performing laboratory, with a willingness to contribute in all ways, such as ordering, tracking, and maintaining inventory of lab supplies and reagents
Experience & Qualifications:
· BS in a scientific discipline 2+ yrs experience (1+yrs with MS) of relevant industrial experience. Final role can be commensurate with relevant industry experience.
· Experience with flow cytometry or cell-based bioassays, ELISA, and PCR techniques
· Experience with aseptic cell culture and cell-based assays.
· Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
· Experience with other techniques in molecular biology, such as RT-PCR is preferred
· Previous experience with cell therapy products is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
· Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment
· Working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab) is preferred.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.