Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
The Quality Control Technical Coordinator is at the center of the action working as a communication hub between our internal Turnstone teams (life cycle management, quality control, logistics, manufacturing operations, and analytical operations) and our international network of contract testing partners. This coordinator is the first point of contact with each contract testing organization that is pivotal to Turnstone’s GMP release, characterization, and stability testing that enables getting our products to patients. We are looking for an energetic, organized and results driven coordinator that enjoys working as part of a team and is able to balance and prioritize a long list of complex workstreams.
The QC Technical Coordinator will be the first point of contact and liaison between the contract testing partners and Turnstone. They will coordinate all day-to-day aspects of the relationship, from meeting organization, to action item tracking, timeline management, to escalation of deviations and critical needs. As part of a team at Turnstone’s Ottawa office, the role involves:
· Keeping our testing partners well appraised of future testing plans, ensuring resources are ready when we need them. This will include drafting of testing forecasts to support resource management and program timeline forecasts
· Supporting all testing submissions to our testing partners, working closely with test requestors and program leads to draft documentation (sample submission forms) and communicate testing prioritization and changes in timelines
· Organizing incoming documentation to ensure all raw data, protocol, reports, and all other critical documents are saved and promptly shared with key stakeholders
· Assisting in tech-transfers, overseeing communication between Turnstone’s and partner’s SMEs is prompt, and effective.
· Fostering good working relationships with our third-party testing partners and promptly escalating issues to Turnstone management
· Supporting regular business reviews of partners to ensure we are growing and learning from our experiences together to streamline our approaches and meet each company’s evolving needs
The QC Technical Coordinator will also perform project management duties on occasion, supporting the TIL cell therapy program lead as required. This may involve generating program Gantts, tracking action items, and maintaining program dashboards.
This role is best suited for a technical coordinator eager to learn and make a difference, looking to apply their skills in a meaningful way and stretch into new areas. They will have some or all of the following credentials or experience:
· 3+ years working in a coordination role managing several projects and priorities, while meeting tight timelines
· 2+ years partnering with external stakeholders or vendors to achieve company goals
· Bachelor’s degree in a related Science field required
· Ability to multi-task and manage several competing priorities
· Attention to detail and highly organized
· This is a role that requires constant interface with and representation of the team. The candidate must have mature interpersonal skills, and a communication style that matches the Turnstone style: respectful, transparent, and team-oriented
· Experience building project timelines using Gantt software considered an asset
· Very comfortable using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Enthusiastic to leverage software solutions; experience with databases would be an asset.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.